Views down 60% in the last 8 hours, but socialblade is showing normal views?

JoeyTotally

Reaction score
I run a big channel, over 1M views a day. Around 11AM PST yesterday, views dropped in half across the board. Must be the switch to beta. SocialBlade looks more normal.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Youtube are working on fixing the real time data now they say :)

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Yesterday's views showed back up was showing 25-45 views per hour all day now over 100 but today's still doesn't seem right
I think the first half of the graph shows already corrected views and the other half to the right shows not updated views. Once not updated views move to the left they will grow in size.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
began around 7pm London GMT time
Yes, my realtime stats are showing a sudden drop starting at around 7pm UK time yesterday (7th August) Not sure what is going on - Could be the realtime stats.

Done a bit of digging and it appears there is a widespread issue affecting pretty much everyone:

Lots of similar reports: https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/cniwkm
Youtube are aware of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/cnjcnt

YouTube official announcement on twitter:

Last edited:

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"We are experiencing issues with the systems for realtime data. This may cause inaccurate view counts and reports of video performance. We are working on the issue."

"Heads up, creators! We’re working to fix an issue affecting realtime data in YouTube Studio Analytics. If you’re seeing inaccurate video view counts or lower than usual statistics on your video performance, hold tight – we’ll let you know when things are back to normal."

"No need to worry about views being "lost"! This issue is only affecting the realtime data system, not the actual system that keeps track of view count, etc."

"Appreciate the info — we've seen similar reports and we're currently working on a fix. We'll let you know once we have any update."

Last edited:

Eric Worral

Reaction score
Came here for this too.

Been having best months ever for the past 3-4 months and then all of the sudden a 30% drop channel wide.

I have one video that has consistently done 500 views every single day and now 350 for a few days.

Not sure if it's because I have affiliate links to Amazon... really no idea why. Very disheartening though.

One thing I've noticed is that it hasn't affected my click volume to amazon though... which tells me it may just be an analytics snafu.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Yep - same here. My views fell off a cliff a couple of days ago and haven't recovered yet.

By "Views" on my analytics page there is a little "hazard" style triangle and if I pass my cursor over it I get the same message that @Noobzilla reported. Still...it's disconcerting when this happens!

Reactions: Crown

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Things are back to normal for my channels as well. The last 48 hours are still showing 1/2 the views but the last hour is back on track.

Canadian Joy

Reaction score
Website
www3.sympatico.ca
Channel Type
Animator
Same here.
Something has changed and my channel is performing less acitivities compared to 10 days ago
Less views, less earninigs . less subscribers!