Views down 60% in the last 8 hours, but socialblade is showing normal views?

DesignCourse

Reaction score
In analytics, my views took a sudden down turn around 2-3pm:
From 12am to 1am, it's showing 442 views (24 hours ago, it was 1,078).

But what's strange, socialblade is showing me as having 1,098 views for today so far (not 442), which is average -- and same subscriber rate too?

Is there a possibility analytics is wrong? Or there's an outage?

I'm probably suffering from analysis paralysis and over analyzing things. I should get rid of the analytics app on my phone!

Reactions: Noobzilla

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I came here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same. Between 3-4pm on August 6th my views dropped on two of my channels between 1/3 and 1/2

Edit: Others are experiencing and expressing the same issues starting around 3pm yesterday via Twitter/reddit.
Edit 2: Looking more and more like a display bug

Last edited:

DesignCourse

Reaction score
I came here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same. Between 3-4pm on August 6th my views dropped on two of my channels between 1/3 and 1/2
Yeah, this is horrendous as it's continued. I've lost 50%-60% of my average views each hour.

I had my best month ever in July and now this..

I'm not big into YouTube stats, so can anyone confirm if at this point, my experience may just be temporary vs permanent?

...and what actionable steps I can take?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am glad that I am not the only one. I think real time is under reporting for some reason. New video that is 24 hours old shows 30% more views of the video manager page than real time interactions are consistent with video manager shown views real time is reporting overall. Channel views to be at a 6 month low over the last 24 hours my reported real time views also dropped at 3 pm yesterday

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
same here. when we checked our stats it was 50% drop but when our partners checked the same channel in europe it had no drop showing

Reactions: Noobzilla

Fatman0

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
Same here, I get 600views tho per 48 hours

DesignCourse

Reaction score
same here. when we checked our stats it was 50% drop but when our partners checked the same channel in europe it had no drop showing
you mean they logged into an .eu version of analytics and it had no dropped shown in the 48 hour real time reporting view?

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
you mean they logged into an .eu version of analytics and it had no dropped shown in the 48 hour real time reporting view?
Yes. We have the same login and when they logged in there it showed no drop.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
are your views still 50% less. It seems that it's not changing still. Not sure why

DesignCourse

Reaction score
are your views still 50% less. It seems that it's not changing still. Not sure why
I released a video that did quite well today, but the hourly views are going back right to what they were during the big dip.

My 48 hour view count is still down quite a bit too. Normally I'd be at 70k, but it's at 48k now.

Socialblade's view count for yesterday and today is average though. So... no clue?