Views But No Subs

TheValueKing

Hey everybody, we seem to be getting pretty decent views for the size of our channel, but it seems people are barely subbing. Not too sure how we could work towards fixing this

Better consistency? Branding? Would definitely appreciate the feedback :)!

From just watching your latest video, it seems more like a casual channel, especially with the end where it just cuts off. If you want people to subscribe, you need to ask for it! Say "if you liked this and want to see more, subscribe so you get notified when it comes out" or something like that. There's nothing really compelling a viewer to subscribe right now. Also, I think you're doing pretty well for such a new channel in terms of views and subs so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Better consistency? Branding?

Always! But yes, especially in your case since your niche is a bit hard to grasp at first glance (is it comedy? tech? internet commentary? marketing or financial advice?).

I think you have great energy and personality in your vids and will do well if you keep at it, and your sub count is actually pretty good for the size of your channel.

With that said, I think people might be turned off by not seeing a clear trend or focus when looking at your vids from a glance. (I'm in the same boat but for me, it was a genuine lack of focus, for you I think it's just a branding issue). Can you find a consistent angle to apply to everything you look at? Whether you're critiquing something off ebay or an internet service or marketing ploy, it always comes down to comedic review/analysis, but your titles and thumbnails don't come across that way.

Also, I think you could get more traction by making your titles, tags and descriptions overlap more so they can rank better in search and suggested. Your description in particular are very short and repetitive but they matter a lot for search.

From just watching your latest video, it seems more like a casual channel, especially with the end where it just cuts off. If you want people to subscribe, you need to ask for it! Say "if you liked this and want to see more, subscribe so you get notified when it comes out" or something like that. There's nothing really compelling a viewer to subscribe right now. Also, I think you're doing pretty well for such a new channel in terms of views and subs so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thank you for the feedback Mithril! We never really took into consideration how much that really nudges people towards actually subscribing. We'll be sure to add our own unique spin on our outro while mentioning to subscribe and etc!

Thank you for the feedback, it's good to see that we're on a good track. We've been sharing the videos alot on facebook and are thinking of getting business cards made for like $5 and passing around our channel to ppl at college haha. Appreciate the reply![DOUBLEPOST=1522716795,1522716530][/DOUBLEPOST]
Always! But yes, especially in your case since your niche is a bit hard to grasp at first glance (is it comedy? tech? internet commentary? marketing or financial advice?).

I think you have great energy and personality in your vids and will do well if you keep at it, and your sub count is actually pretty good for the size of your channel.

With that said, I think people might be turned off by not seeing a clear trend or focus when looking at your vids from a glance. (I'm in the same boat but for me, it was a genuine lack of focus, for you I think it's just a branding issue). Can you find a consistent angle to apply to everything you look at? Whether you're critiquing something off ebay or an internet service or marketing ploy, it always comes down to comedic review/analysis, but your titles and thumbnails don't come across that way.

Also, I think you could get more traction by making your titles, tags and descriptions overlap more so they can rank better in search and suggested. Your description in particular are very short and repetitive but they matter a lot for search.

It is comedy with reviews, not necessarily only tech! but that's good that you're pointing out that it's a bit unclear haha. We definitely need to make it more straight forward and get to it. The latest videos did get off topic from the original plans of just reviewing, but its strictly product reviews + skits of the products like we've been doing from here on out

Do you have any tips on how to make better titles? As of the time im typing this, im actually playing around with the GIMP software to make better consistent thumbnails.

Ahh, I didn't really know that descriptions mattered that much. We'll probably start describing more about the items we review there then rather than just posting the link to it.

These are awesome tips Buzzcuts!

Hi theValueKing, Your not using the branding watermark. Under Analytics/ channel/ channel branding. Just use a .png of a youtube play button which are the most common.. and people will press on it as they already recognise the brand, whereas they might ignor your own custom branding logo. Download a youtube button with copyright: Labled for reuse with modification. It will appear bottom right through your vids. Peoples can press it to subscribe. Otherwise you only only asking them to subscribe at the end.. How many people watch your videos to the end 10%? 20%? take you total views and divide that by 5 and that how many people you asking to subscribe maybe. Thats asking for a lot of luck. Also ask for people to subscribe in your spoken narrative, beginning and end of video. Hope that might help. Best luck.

considering you have 30k less channel views than I do and a few more subscribers than me I think your kicking a**....lol

I suppose I can't help you with your question....lol

Trust me, just stay consistent. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll definitely grow, especially since you already average 100-200 views per video.

Back