View sustainablity

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello All,

First post so let me know if I'm doing it wrong. My first question is about view sustainability. My videos get an ok amount of views right away but then trail off to almost nothing within 24 or 48 hours. What does that mean and how can I make that not happen?

Thanks for any advice.

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Watch Time Velocity or View Velocity happens when a newly published video gets a spike in views within the first 24 hours. Depends on how many 'Session Starts' (How many of your viewers click on your new video), 'Session Duration' (How many viewers click on your video and how long they stay on YouTube watching more of your videos and or videos from other channels), and 'Session Ends' (If they leave YouTube after watching your video) happen within that period. If most of your traffic for a new video is coming from Suggested Video and Browse Features (Home) that's the Algorithm promoting your new video. If your views start to drop after 24 hours, your Session Starts, Session Duration have decreased and your Session Ends have increased. It's signals telling the YouTube Algorithm not to suggest/promote the video as much as it did during the first 24 hours.

Just keep uploading. The Algorithm rewards frequent uploads. The more Session Starts and longer Session Duration your videos get, the better. The Algorithm will send a traffic jam to your videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its nothing to worry about mate. 95% of my videos do the same. For no real reason at all 5% of mine keep climbing? So I just keep uploading waiting for my next 5% hit.