View reductions by YouTube - Reasons

Minky Toy

Reaction score
Every now and then (more often recently) I notice a rather large sum of views deducted from many of the YouTube channels we keep an eye on. For example, if you look at the social blade stats for channel:
キッズ アニメ&おもちゃ

The channel lost 115 million views over the last 30 days (perhaps a month's worth of video uploads/views).

Can anyone shed some insight into what may be going on here? Could this be a bug or perhaps some form of community/copyright strike on the channel?

Thanks

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My video where I squat 350 lbs (a little poorly) used to have 50 views and then one day, it dropped to 38. No idea why. Maybe it's fake views getting purged. Would be interesting if that were the case and some bigger channels saw this... J'accuse!!!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Usually, large amounts of views are subtracted like that when videos are put to private or deleted. Social blade needs to subtract the lost views to make their value match what YouTube reports, and it creates those large numbers of negative views.

I suppose it could also be YouTube validating views, but I think putting videos on private is most likely the reason. ^_^

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a chat to a fairly large kids channel a while back - some of their videos were flagged as 'not kids friendly' and they made them private. That caused a subtraction of views, with socialblade showing a negative view count for that day.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thats mad!
Nothing like that has happened to me (although I'm a very small channel, maybe thats why?)
I should imagine it's got something to do with what people said above, either videos going on private or demonitization making them private
either way thats a lot of views to just go missing, huh!

Minky Toy

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts and replies. Would be great for some additional guidelines from YouTube in regards to what is considered "not kids friendly". The channel i mentioned above seems very safe as it's mostly simple doll-play. I can't imagine any of the content not being kid friendly. Also, the volume of strike in views seems to be very extensive (not just a few videos), but pretty much wiping out the channel's monthly earnings. Very odd...

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your thoughts and replies. Would be great for some additional guidelines from YouTube in regards to what is considered "not kids friendly". The channel i mentioned above seems very safe as it's mostly simple doll-play. I can't imagine any of the content not being kid friendly. Also, the volume of strike in views seems to be very extensive (not just a few videos), but pretty much wiping out the channel's monthly earnings. Very odd...
What's the channel? My curiosity is peaked.
I think the guidelines from Yt are quite clear now, especially for family friendly characters.
There's a lot of inappropriate stuff even with dolls - think of dolls and poop, vomit, other bodily functions. If the dolls are Disney or other properties, all that is out now for monetization. Just check out this: youtube.com/results?search_query=reborn+dolls+poop

Minky Toy

Reaction score
What's the channel? My curiosity is peaked.
I think the guidelines from Yt are quite clear now, especially for family friendly characters.
There's a lot of inappropriate stuff even with dolls - think of dolls and poop, vomit, other bodily functions. If the dolls are Disney or other properties, all that is out now for monetization. Just check out this: youtube.com/results?search_query=reborn+dolls+poop
Channel: anpanman123omocha (or in Japanese: キッズ アニメ&おもちゃ)

I've seen similar happen to other channels last month: ie. PomPom Toys, NaoFun Toys.

Based on the no poop guideline, i presume a channel like Toy Monster (to me the grandaddy of doll poop channels) will be out of business?