Hot Topic View drop on Tuesday 24th January (** all discussion here ONLY **)

AmcProductions

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So i was on 1,200 veiws (roughly) around yesterday and i chcked back today and i dropped to around 1,050 during that time i uploaded a video and that got some veiws so why did the take away some veiws? I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me why this happens but anyway thanks for reading and let me know if this has happend to you!

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Same thing happened to me. I was over 3000 views yesterday and now I'm at 2700.. So dumb. Probably just another glitch in their algorithm again. :(

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's not really a glitch, it's more the algorithm doing it's thing. Those views (usually) aren't real. Some come from you editing the description and such, which loads the video. Some come from bots and other things. If you pay attention you'll notice that happen a lot. No worries though because your real views will (almost) always be counted.

Last edited:

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So i was on 1,200 veiws (roughly) around yesterday and i chcked back today and i dropped to around 1,050 during that time i uploaded a video and that got some veiws so why did the take away some veiws? I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me why this happens but anyway thanks for reading and let me know if this has happend to you!
I think I lost about 20,000 views, I was wondering the same thing

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's happening to a lot of people, even on a larger scale. I saw on Casey Neistat's twitter today he lost millions of views for no reason.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube normally clears away views from bots or views from accidentally clicking on the wrong video - my theory is that they fell behind again and are clearing up several week's worth, just like the great subscriber purge of Summer 2016.

Reactions: Lekjih

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
If you look at your counts for the past week, there was a glitch that added too many for a couple days. It has just been corrected. It's been talked about in a few places.