View Count Inaccurate

Brian Sinasac

Reaction score
so here's a question...Is there some way to prevent your own views from being added to the view count of your videos? You add to the count each time you head over to your channel, and for a really small time channel like mine, that might add up to a significant boost in false views.

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
so here's a question...Is there some way to prevent your own views from being added to the view count of your videos? You add to the count each time you head over to your channel, and for a really small time channel like mine, that might add up to a significant boost in false views.
Well you can go to Youtube and go to the video manager section and dashboard.. You don't have to go to your channel or watch your video to see the comments and such and then it doesn't add to your view count.

Root Beer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
YouTube don't count your own views anyway (they are deducted)
They only count one view.
For example, if you just uploaded a video, its private, then you go to your video manager, it has 0 views. You click its link to review it, then it gets 1 view but no more.

Brian Sinasac

Reaction score
Really? That's great. I thought that a majority of the views I had were because I was checking stuff out. Thanks for the answer guys!

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
That isn't strictly true. It will count all of your views. Once you hit 300 it will calculate the actual views and will only start increasing once you have received 300 legitimate views (Why refreshing to 300 views is pointless).

Personally I would turn off auto-play on your channel, I think it's really obnoxious to auto play a video someone might not be interested in. It will also probably kill your audience retention with the number of people who turn it off within 5 seconds.