.vido.wiki / ofertas.minhaoticaonline / ruslar.pro ect????????/???

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
so I just read/participated in a thread regarding user name rankings in YouTube search and it sparked my curiosity how my YouTube username ranked in google search so I googled it

first few results were my youtube page and some of my video's followed by more of my video's however I noticed something disturbing.

may of them were not links to youtube. they were sites like .wido.wiki and ruslar.pro and you2repeat and mclips.tv just to name a few literally pages of my video's where the link addresses are not YouTube.

what is the deal with that? there are literally pages of different sites with my video's many of them appear to be using the youtube imbedded player but some of them are not.

invidiou.sh witch has my video has all the youtube comments below my video but when I right click the video and copy the video link address it is a link hosted on there website.

is this something I should be concerned about?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
so I just read/participated in a thread regarding user name rankings in YouTube search and it sparked my curiosity how my YouTube username ranked in google search so I googled it

first few results were my youtube page and some of my video's followed by more of my video's however I noticed something disturbing.

may of them were not links to youtube. they were sites like .wido.wiki and ruslar.pro and you2repeat and mclips.tv just to name a few literally pages of my video's where the link addresses are not YouTube.

what is the deal with that? there are literally pages of different sites with my video's many of them appear to be using the youtube imbedded player but some of them are not.

invidiou.sh witch has my video has all the youtube comments below my video but when I right click the video and copy the video link address it is a link hosted on there website.

is this something I should be concerned about?

That's something that affects all channels so nothing you can do about it. They are essentially websites which use bots to populate a website with videos, along with their descriptions. It's essentially lazy people (usually from non English speaking countries) who want to have a website without making their own content. The embedding of the videos doesn't bother me so much (because the channel gets the view) - It's when they also use the text from the description. That text isn't written by them but they're using it as though it's an article written by them to get them listed in Google. Honestly these websites usually tank and I doubt they get much traffic but they are annoying.

The only thing you could do is to make your videos non-embeddable but that would also prevent decent websites from doing the same.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the imbedded players don't bother me too much as it still directs traffic threw my channel. it appears they are doing this to place there own ads on the pages around the video. there were at least a couple where they seemed to have re-hosted the video's. I tried checking a couple other youtubers names in google and it didn't seem to be near as many examples as what I saw googling my own channel. however the couple I did check were larger channels so its possible that the similar results just got buried under more articles ect about said youtubers.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
it appears they are doing this to place there own ads on the pages around the video
Yeah, that's exactly why they're doing it. They also annoy me because some of them embed the videos and description to make it look like THEIR content. Some of them even have a comments section below the embedded video and so they're taking comments and engagement away from your channel. When you read some of the comments, it's clear they think the video belongs to the website.

Honestly the best way to counter it is to create your own website and ensure you're the first person to embed your videos on the internet. Google will see that you're the first and will give a duplicate content penalty to the others. That way, your website will always be above theirs in the search results. :)