Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Vidme goes bye-bye...

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by markkaz, Dec 1, 2017.

1. markkaz
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $53
    With issues surrounding YouTube and content creators in general, many people started to upload their content to Vidme as well. Unfortunately, the same advertiser demands being placed on Vidme is too much for the smaller site to bear. They are unable to continue an ad-supported site.

https://medium.com/vidme/goodbye-for-now-120b40becafa

(Link added by staff)

#1 markkaz, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
    Crown likes this.
  2. zhkopec
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $31
    That is devastating news. Anything that empowers Youtube is bad news.

3. Scootakip [Lana]
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $76
    Wow. That's a shame.
    Youtube needs some real competition

4. TYTD
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $212
    typical; I literally just finished migrating all my videos over to Vid.me because I'd been told it was a good reliable place to help store backup copies of my reviews online...it's taken me nearly 2 full afternoons to sort that! Im gutted! D: some of the features were very promising as well :( Sorry to see it go really :(

zhkopec likes this.
  5. just Moto
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $391
    Did the same here.

Link to shut down info: https://medium.com/vidme/goodbye-for-now-120b40becafa

Crown likes this.
  6. Aaron-charles
    Cash:
    $2
    Damn, this is why they didn't verify me!

7. daniel burgio
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $52
    I have a dropbox account that I'm slowly migrating ALL of my work to. Used to use it to backup unfinished stuff up with, but decided I want to obsessively preserve it for as long as I can pay money. It came in handy when I tried to install Windows 10 and it killed my Windows 7 install.

Also, I feel bad that I stopped using it :( I liked it, but wasn't getting anywhere there at all lol. And I had to keep downsizing videos to upload them.

8. MarkRodriguez2012
    Youtube Reviewer
    Cash:
    $42
    Damn, you guys beat me to it. I just got the email a few hours ago and I was busy making my little farewell video. I guess you guys already know the news and there's not much I can tell you.

I liked Vidme. It was starting up and that place actually felt equal for everyone. I mean people like Linkara and MasakoX had 20 or so views per video and not the huge difference you would have on Youtube.

It surprised me and left me saddened since it was the only new and exciting place left for me that wasn't Youtube. I guess all I have left other than Youtube is Dailymotion but my views are flat out dead over there, LOL. Vidme gave me way more views than Dailymotion and I had it for a much shorter time.

Long live Vidme....

9. KudoJin
    Cash:
    $42
    It's sad, really. I made an account there thinking I'd get around to exploring it eventually, I never got around to it and now it's too late.

A sad day. YouTube really does need competition.

10. Messages:
    Cash:
    $12
    Sad, I thought vidme had the best shot at being youtube's competition one day. Especially with youtube continuously ******* off its creators. I guess it was just not meant to be. Youtube may be so big now that the only thing that will bring them down is youtube itself. They are on the right track with that so far.