Video's w strangers...do I need consent??

Donovan Dinovo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
If you check out my video's I have random stranger's in them. Is it ok to post on YouTube without written or verbal consent?

Jacob Alsobrook

Yes, I have pants. Do I wear them? No.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It should be fine, unless the person directly tells you not to, you'll be fine.

Reactions: Donovan Dinovo

jak6jak

I create stick man animations!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Cartoonist, Animator
Its best to ask the person first to prevent legal action.

Donovan Dinovo

Reaction score
Channel Type
I guess if my channel blows up I'll look into it more...Thanks for the responces...

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you mean like random people in the background of your videos... it should be fine. I mean, how often do you see a guy walking around with a camera and someone telling them 'DON'T FILM ME AND PUT ME ON YOUTUBE!!!' For the most people just cover their faces or run away when they see a guy with a camera if they're really that camera shy.

Donovan Dinovo

Reaction score
Channel Type
If you mean like random people in the background of your videos... it should be fine. I mean, how often do you see a guy walking around with a camera and someone telling them 'DON'T FILM ME AND PUT ME ON YOUTUBE!!!' For the most people just cover their faces or run away when they see a guy with a camera if they're really that camera shy.
For the most part I just want to video tape strangers responses to what I'm doing. I don't want to get into any kind of touble by putting strangers on a public website...

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
oooooh well that's even easier. You just be sure to tell them that if they do agree to be interviewed, that the video of them will go on Youtube. I one time had a friend of mine be in a vid and as soon as she found out it was gonna be on Youtube, she gave us the signal to NOT say her real name out loud, so we took the camera off her.

It should be fine, just make sure they know that if they DO respond to your questions while you stick a camera in their face that they WILL be on Youtube, and therefore online.

Donovan Dinovo

Reaction score
Channel Type
oooooh well that's even easier. You just be sure to tell them that if they do agree to be interviewed, that the video of them will go on Youtube. I one time had a friend of mine be in a vid and as soon as she found out it was gonna be on Youtube, she gave us the signal to NOT say her real name out loud, so we took the camera off her.

It should be fine, just make sure they know that if they DO respond to your questions while you stick a camera in their face that they WILL be on Youtube, and therefore online.
If you check out my channel....I'm trying to do hidden camera pranks so most of the people don't even know they are being filmed....