Videos that didn’t go as planned

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a special video I planned out for tomorrow, this was suppose to be my comeback video after not have a video for two weeks.

The video was suppose to be a Halloween makeup look. I bought those temporary face tattoos for the look, I kinda knew the was a big chance that it might it work out because those don’t always work out but I still wanted to try it. So I filmed the video, but everything went wrong the tattoo didn’t really peel off right , it burned my skin and the part that did work started to crack off right away. I ended up having to give up on the video, that’s something I don’t usually do but I didn’t have an other option, there was no saving the video and no amount of editing would of helped it.

Now I don’t have a video to upload tomorrow. I have a video that I already had pre recorded, but I wouldn’t be able to edit that video all in one night because it’s going to take a lot more time to edit. Im just going to start editing that video tonight and finish it tomorrow and hopefully I will have finished for Sunday because I really don’t want to go three weeks without a video.

Chemigal_Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely frustrating, I wish your video could have gone as planned! I can understand how you feel, I am far from having a nice set up for streaming and my mic can sound terrible. Sometimes I record a whole video and realize when I am editing that my mic was too close and you can hear my breathing the whole time!! I have restarted games and played back through to where I was to re record the video. Not fun.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely frustrating, I wish your video could have gone as planned! I can understand how you feel, I am far from having a nice set up for streaming and my mic can sound terrible. Sometimes I record a whole video and realize when I am editing that my mic was too close and you can hear my breathing the whole time!! I have restarted games and played back through to where I was to re record the video. Not fun.
That sucks. Yeah the product sucked and looked awful, I tried fixing it to make it lol better but I couldn’t because the product made my face feel like it was burning and it gave me rash

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You could turn it into a "how to NOT do your Halloween makeup lol" video. ^_^ YouTubers like Taylor R tend to do that when things don't work out, and it's extremely relatable to folks who have tried to do that kind of stuff in the past, but failed... :eek:

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could turn it into a "how to NOT do your Halloween makeup lol" video. ^_^ YouTubers like Taylor R tend to do that when things don't work out, and it's extremely relatable to folks who have tried to do that kind of stuff in the past, but failed... :eek:
I was thinking about that, but I couldn’t finothe rest of the video because I had an allergic reaction to the makeup:eek:

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I was thinking about that, but I couldn’t finothe rest of the video because I had an allergic reaction to the makeup:eek:
You could just add a little recap bit at the end and say something like "you had to take it off because it was causing a huge rash! D: Don't use ### product on your face if you are sensitive to makeup..." And maybe then you could go over what didn't work out, and what you think you could try next time to make it work a little better. ^^

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could just add a little recap bit at the end and say something like "you had to take it off because it was causing a huge rash! D: Don't use ### product on your face if you are sensitive to makeup..." And maybe then you could go over what didn't work out, and what you think you could try next time to make it work a little better. ^^
Yeah I could that. but I’m afraid to mention anything bad about a project because I made a video when I first started making videos about this hair dye that was awful, I even showed before and after pictures on what happened and I got a lot of hate on that video. I even had people from that company send me a not so nice message, I know it’s freadom of speech and I should of been able to give my honest review, but it got so bad I had to take it down.:/

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Oh... I see... well....I think companies should be more professional about that kind of stuff and respond with solutions rather than criticism.... :/ Not everyone can use ALL of their products, and that's something consumers want to know. :/ But, as @Chemigal_Gaming mentioned, bits of it could be put into an end-of-the-year blooper video of sorts! :)