Videos I don’t enjoy doing are succeeding then those I do enjoy

TheEzeJC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Currently, tutorials are doing good, but I do not like doing them. How do I change the content to what I want to do and weed out the people who came for the tutorials?
I made tutorials originally just for myself as future reference. I didn’t expect them to get big. Now people subscribe for tutorials I did but not for the content I make. I’m glad I was able to help people, but I don’t always want to help with tutorials.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can't control what people want to watch. You can continue making videos you like but if you want to be successful on the platform, you best make sure that the content is something other people will enjoy or find valuable. Your job is to find a balance.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a similar problem. I do travel vids and never got much traction (I do not travel full time). My popular vids are me sitting on the porch and just chatting. Those are easy to make, popular with viewers, and are boring for me to make ha ha. I try to do some for them, some for me... if I want to grow the channel I have to concentrate on what they want to see. I do not see that happening :)

sarwing

Reaction score
Same here, I upload viral, trending and funny videos which is not my passion to do, but they do perform well than the videos which i love to do...

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I now make two different types of content, one I enjoy loads more than the other. But I feel the other more popular sort will drive some new engagement with my other videos :)

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keep the tutorial content on the channel and make a new channel with the content that you want to make.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Same here. My best videos are on topics that I'm really not all that passionate about, but videos that I care about much more do s**t. It's a shame.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
same here...lol

I initially wanted to create a channel around cars modifications and building cars....lol being that's a hobby to me its hard to make video's on those topics with a lot of frequency. so I started recording some video's on doing repairs on semi trucks and equipment just for the practice on making video's but that stuff kind of took off. now when I post automotive stuff it gets less views than even mediocre truck repair topics. I shyed away from doing anything automotive for a while. but I am going to start posting more automotive stuff and if people want to unsubscribe so be it. but im going to keep the majority of topics on what is preforming well however and try not to do to many video's in a row on either topic.

iv still got a long ways to go before I have a large enough audience to support what I really want to do but I might as well start grooming viewers into its not just truck repairs...lol

Reactions: markkaz