Videos Data Base

Reaction score
I am not able to decide how to keep my videos data base after the videos are uploaded & published. Do I need to store some where the videos recordings even after the final videos are published.

What data the experienced Youtubers are storing, how & where?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't think you need a database. I think most people save them on their hard drives with a folder for each video and then all the related files for that video would go in subfolders within that folder. You should then probably back up those files and folders to an external disk on a regular basis. That way, if the first disk drive fails, you have a second copy. :)

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq
Reaction score
I don't think you need a database. I think most people save them on their hard drives with a folder for each video and then all the related files for that video would go in subfolders within that folder. You should then probably back up those files and folders to an external disk on a regular basis. That way, if the first disk drive fails, you have a second copy. :)
Thanks Crown. Do we really need to create a folder containing all the related files? I can't foresee a situation where they can be of any use in future? Is it not easier to download the final product (uploaded & published video) from the Youtube and store it?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thanks Crown. Do we really need to create a folder containing all the related files? I can't foresee a situation where they can be of any use in future? Is it not easier to download the final product (uploaded & published video) from the Youtube and store it?
It depends on what sort of videos you create I suppose.If there is only 1 file, then maybe you don't need a folder per video. It's up to you. :)

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I am not an experienced youtuber but I am using an external hard drive for archived videos. You can get a few TB at a reasonable price nowadays. I have a WD Easy Store HD. I have a folder structure by year > project name > sub folders

They way how I look at it, every video I make is my work and product and I do like to have my own copies of the content. I do clean up unused clips, files, or media before archiving.