Videos becoming blurry

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
when I filmed my video It wasn't blurry when I upload to YouTube it wasn't blurry, but all of a sudden today a few videos look blurry on YouTube. They never looked liked that before and I watched those same videos before on YouTube and they were really clear And now there not. Does anybody know why all of sudden there blurry?

Did you try to switch them to HD from the cogwheel? Usually if your speed is slow, YouTube automatically switches to lower resolution and then the videos look blurry. Or other reason that can be is you are watching the videos right after they are uploaded. It happens to me, but for 4K videos. When I upload my videos, usually they stay in HD for some hours and the 4K option comes later. That's why if you have high definition or 4K videos, better keep them unlisted for some hours and then publish them, unless they are for some hot topic that can't wait.

It could be that you're having some trouble with your internet connection. It's nothing to do with the videos, and more to do with the way YouTube throttles if your speed is too slow.

I looked back at again and now it
It could be that you're having some trouble with your internet connection. It's nothing to do with the videos, and more to do with the way YouTube throttles if your speed is too slow.[/
It could be that you're having some trouble with your internet connection. It's nothing to do with the videos, and more to do with the way YouTube throttles if your speed is too slow.
I went back and watched it again and it looks fine now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1502373381,1502373231][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you try to switch them to HD from the cogwheel? Usually if your speed is slow, YouTube automatically switches to lower resolution and then the videos look blurry. Or other reason that can be is you are watching the videos right after they are uploaded. It happens to me, but for 4K videos. When I upload my videos, usually they stay in HD for some hours and the 4K option comes later. That's why if you have high definition or 4K videos, better keep them unlisted for some hours and then publish them, unless they are for some hot topic that can't wait.
I have them in hd. I just looked back at the video and looks fine now, i uploaded the video a week ago

Probably a wifi issue or similar on your local network that was causing the youtube videos to buffer as they download. I've had this problem, and then looked at the router and someone in the house has their photos or videos on their mobile set to upload to the cloud. And of course that kills the bandwidth for a time.

Not saying that is definitely the cause, but it's a good first candidate in your investigations :)

I've had that happen to me too... I usually delete out my temporary files and it loads clearer, but sometimes it takes a day to work properly again. I've also noticed that weird stuff tends to happen on Tuesday because I think it's a YouTube maintenance day.... :eek:

It's actually a YouTube feature that allows nostalgic people the opportunity to watch new videos while maintaining that 2006 "I filmed it with my new flip phone" vibe!

Back