Videos are too bright

Eisys

Reaction score
Hi!
Recently I added an add-on for youtube to chrome. Then my videos got too bright. Dark colors are alot brighter than they are supposed to be! All blacks are just gray, not black! It's like the video player adds a tint over the video to make it brighter for some reason.

I messed around with all sorts of settings in chrome and in my add-ons, disabled all add-ons, reinstalled flash and chrome itself. Then I found a way to fix the problem is to disable 'hardware acceleration' in flash player's setting if I use flash player. But the problem is still there with HTML5 player.
This doesnt happen at all in IE, both flash and HTML5 players are normal.
On Firefox It happened as well but when I installed flash to Firefox it fixed the issue on flash player.. But when I enable HTML5 player and use it then it's too bright again..
Right now I'm using flash player with Chrome and it works, but I want to use HTML5 player like I've been doing for a long time, flash player lags in places and I generally don't like it as much.
I've had this issue before.. but it somehow resolved itself. This time I'm not that lucky it seems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

PS: I know this is probably the wrong place to post something like this, but I couldn't find any other forum to ask about youtube related stuff.. If someone knows where I should ask this or if someone can help than I'll be very thankful!

ExperimentalHDX

United we stand. Divided we fall.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer, Animator, Other
I think that it should have been posted here:

YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help
Talk about anything YouTube here such as seeking help and support, general YouTube gossip, the latest features, layouts, news and more!

As for your problem, I'm sorry but I just have no idea as I have never heard of or experienced this problem.

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I think that it should have been posted here:

YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help
Talk about anything YouTube here such as seeking help and support, general YouTube gossip, the latest features, layouts, news and more!

As for your problem, I'm sorry but I just have no idea as I have never heard of or experienced this problem.
Indeed that is where this should be posted.

So it happened after you installed the addon so it's obvious this addon has done something to your PC, what is the addon? Try create a new account on your computer (sometimes you need to install chrome again on different Windows Users) and try that, also don't log in to Chrome on this one. And we'll see from there.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I moved it to Youtube Chat, Gossip and Help :)

Reactions: Crown

Eisys

Reaction score
Indeed that is where this should be posted.

So it happened after you installed the addon so it's obvious this addon has done something to your PC, what is the addon? Try create a new account on your computer (sometimes you need to install chrome again on different Windows Users) and try that, also don't log in to Chrome on this one. And we'll see from there.
Doesn't work, still bright!
Addon is called ImprovedTube , just adds a few settings to change some thing on youtube.

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
Did you check your video overlay settings for your graphics card? Not sure if that applies to YouTube videos but it's worth checking.

Eisys

Reaction score
Did you check your video overlay settings for your graphics card? Not sure if that applies to YouTube videos but it's worth checking.
Well thank You!
It was set so video player changes color settings.. But i changed it to use nvida's settings and i had to put the dynamic range to 0-255. There's an option called 'Limited 16-235' , If I use that option, the video goes bright again..
So is the HTML5 player limiting the range of color the player outputs or something?

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
It's possible that something is messing with the hardware acceleration. I'm not sure how it works with HTML5 these days.