Video without speaking: Yes or No?

MargaretsJourney

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi there!

I notice more and more that I prefer in my videos to combine not-speaking with speaking elements. I feel (for me) that just outright saying everything is too obvious. So I try to work with post-its, short clips, etc. To try it completely from the different side, I decided to make a video completely without speaking, just music and gestures.

I would like to know how you think about this? Do you miss speaking? Do you have any other approaches? Any feedback is welcome, also not language related ;)

Video:

Thanks!

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I think that this was cute. :) I just feel like you should have used something darker than a pen. I found myself straining to see some of the things you wrote :(

MargaretsJourney

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think that this was cute. :) I just feel like you should have used something darker than a pen. I found myself straining to see some of the things you wrote :(
Thanks! I was already a bit afraid of that, but I had either a very thin pen or a thick lighter pen, so I decided for the thicker one :) Will take it with me for the next time though, thanks!

SnowTigressMusic

Just a girl who loves creating music:)
Reaction score
This video was inspirational, I really like it!
As far as speaking or not speaking, I guess it depends on the video and what you are trying to communicate. But this video is great the way it is :)