Video views count trolling or...?

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Hey youtubers!

So here is the story: I have uploaded my latest video in YT and immediately started getting around 50 views, after that as always, some days later I start the "heavy promotion" of my video on groups and forums. Turns out in one of the forums I got more than 400 views on my post itself (it was also not intended spammy or anything, I actually made the same post in written and expected at least feedback on what I wrote). No one replied (fine...) but I can't believe that I'm just over 76 views in the video.?
I also uploaded yesterday in a couple of groups in the same good way and didn't get anything, however I did get great feedback on the post on the group itself.
Does this happen more often? Does that mean my content is crap? Or is it YouTube trolling? It's already going for more or less a week and honestly.... really annoying.

EDIT: after admin moved the thread to feedback, please give me feedback of what I could improve!!!

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Just because someone clicked on a forum post doen't mean they're going to click on the video in the thread. When you click on a thread here, do you click on every single video in people's sigs and watch them, for example?

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Just because someone clicked on a forum post doen't mean they're going to click on the video in the thread. When you click on a thread here, do you click on every single video in people's sigs and watch them, for example?
As I said, I don’t expect everyone to go and see but at least a logical percentage and also the other forums... I’m really confused...
4F57DF33-F27D-48C9-8645-2700F9102CC3.jpeg

Veecharlie

Reaction score
I dont understand what the problem is. Too many views, or not enough views?
The views aren’t too low on YT while are too high on forums. Seems YT is updating only what it wants.... it can take some days but it’s already a week and it only syncs a couple of views a day... not realistic compared to the previous times. It’s also not just one video but 3

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Update:
I made a post this morning on a different forum... here is the response:
I got an update count of views on my latest vlog: from 76 to 81 views. In other words, since this morning that I posted, I only got 5 views (4,17%). The forum thread has already 120 views and 14 answers.
This is depressing... I just can't see how "nobody" watches my videos anymore, and I can prove with other videos that it didn't go so bad like these last 3 ones. Something must have changed...
ertyuioi.png

Last edited:

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Youtube will only count humans that actually click the play button as a view.
Most forums however will count every person, bot, scraper, etc as a “view”. And usually the number of bots/scrapers is substantial.

Reactions: zhkopec

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
people clicked to view forum post doesn't mean they left the forum to view your video! the views on the forum are for the post itself not your video!!

Veecharlie

Reaction score
Youtube will only count humans that actually click the play button as a view.
Most forums however will count every person, bot, scraper, etc as a “view”. And usually the number of bots/scrapers is substantial.
Spiders, bots, etc yea it can be. But it still doesn’t justify the percentage difference is so huge compared to other of my videos compared at the same “oldness”.
It’s a good point... but far too much I think[DOUBLEPOST=1517084448,1517084320][/DOUBLEPOST]
people clicked to view forum post doesn't mean they left the forum to view your video! the views on the forum are for the post itself not your video!!
Do you guys even read what I write ? I disn’t start using a forum or a computer yesterday... I’m sorry, I just expect constructive arguments.[DOUBLEPOST=1517086123][/DOUBLEPOST]Forgot to mention, all my videos are affected by a massive views drop, it started 3 weeks ago. I used to get 10 to 15 views an hour and now I barely get 2... or 1 even ......

Veecharlie

Reaction score
update: here you can see the problem much better... I have been in an upward trend for a year and since that started happening it's going down like never before. I wonder if this is just temporary or YT is trying to test my channel out but it seems to just get harder and harder with every video I post.
What is this ?! suddenly ranking and such don't help at all.

saedrtyuio.png

(the chart is for like the last 30 days showing the growth of my views.