Video Template Review

Zenvious

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Looking at my video style for my lets Play Series and wondering (after someone dropped me a comment) if I should reduce my "video frame" further - or potentially drop it outright.

The reason I use my frame is because it makes my channel stand out with some degree of uniqueness for a channel that doesn't rely on facecam, and it adds my brand as a consistant. It also means the screen is always animated - though I question that part as maybe the human eye requires a break. I also use it to tie in my introduction sequence to the video itself so it rolls smoothly from the start.

From my own supporters and youtube peers, they've said its not a big deal. At the MOST I've been told I should reduce it a little more. I'm considering having the video just zoom all the way in after the title ends so it fills the whole screen for the gameplay - and have the frame return at the end of the video when my outro begins to state "you can switch off now - or skip to the next video."

Respect everyone will have different opinions, but I want to hear them. Have a look at the video I've linked, and give me an honest opinion. If you hate it, why? If you think it works, why?

Thankyou for whatever time and effort you can offer me on my continued journey for self improvement :p

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Anything that can be done to a video's thumbnail to stand out is a good thing. Make it catch a random video browser's eye and make them want to click on that video. That's all I can say.

If you need to put it in a frame or make it a specific color, then do it.

Here's what I would suggest trying. Searching for some of the key words in your video and your video should show up in a sea of other videos. Now scroll by your video's thumbnail in that searched list. Did it catch your eye? Did you stop and say, "I have to click on this video!".