Video strategy.....

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've created a new video on a specific camera. With this camera comes lots of different mounts, options, apps, etc.

At the end of the video of the camera itself, I've created a small outro with images of items that will be covered in future videos. I'm looking to upload the main video in the next week or so, after the final polishing is complete.
The plan is to create annotated links to each of the following videos at the end of this main one, to lead viewers straight to the following videos, while using the outro of the main video as a contents page as such - if that makes sense.

This way viewers who watch the main camera video can simply click at the end of the video to go on to watch the next one etc.

My question is around the strategy to use.
Should I.......

Option 1......
Put the main video up now.
Create a temporary YouTube note stating the follow up videos are coming soon.
As and when the follow up videos are created, add the appropriate annotation links to the outro images.

Option 2......
Leave the video for now.
Wait until all videos are created (could be a while)
Upload the entire lot together and create all links.

I'm thinking of going with Option 1.
This way, people see the main video, know what's coming, and may well subscribe to be informed of when the follow up videos are coming - almost like a series. It gives them something to wait for etc. Whereas if I go with option 2, everything just goes up in me go. People may watch a few and have nothing to stay on my channel for.

After some suggestions. How would you do this?

Many thanks in advance for your comments.