Video Schedules, fact or myth?

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Hey Guys,

So, I just got signed to a talent Agency for Acting/Modeling and find myself extremely pressed for time now. Posting videos on a set schedule (day and time) is getting harder for me to commit to.

My question is, does it really matter if we post on a set schedule, or if we just post whenever we finish up a new video? I put a lot of effort into my editing (voice overs, animation, photoshop, etc.) so it takes a lot of time for me to produce new videos.

Should I stick with a schedule, or just post whenever I have a good new video ready? I want my Channel to be successful, but I don't want to worry about something that's no big deal. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started by scheduling everything out. Every Friday I would put out a new video. The problem is I work full time as a welder, and at home, I'm married with 6, yes 6, kids. So I would find that trying to keep with my schedule was actually becoming quite stressful. So I've started posting videos just whenever I come up with an idea. Hasn't seemed to have a negative effect on anything.

Reactions: allthingstodd

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
utterly pointless.. & negatively affects your creativity. Imo. Upload your video only when you're satisfied with the quality and that it adds value to youtube. Uploading just anything purely because your calendar says it's Monday is duM!

I know others think different however.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
utterly pointless.. & negatively affects your creativity. Imo. Upload your video only when you're satisfied with the quality and that it adds value to youtube. Uploading just anything purely because your calendar says it's Monday is duM!

I know others think different however.
THANK YOU!!! That's what I was thinking, but I'm so new to this I needed another opinion. That's makes so much sense, why post just to meet a "deadline" if the content sucks...

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1548109058,1548108988][/DOUBLEPOST]
Being on an exact schedule doesn't matter. Posting consistently does.
Noted, I'll just stick to my gut and post videos I believe in. I appreciate your advice. I feel a lot less anxious now.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Being on an exact schedule doesn't matter. Posting consistently does.

I agree with this. It doesn't have to be the exact same time every video, but honestly, regular uploads is one of the most important things you can do.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
I started by scheduling everything out. Every Friday I would put out a new video. The problem is I work full time as a welder, and at home, I'm married with 6, yes 6, kids. So I would find that trying to keep with my schedule was actually becoming quite stressful. So I've started posting videos just whenever I come up with an idea. Hasn't seemed to have a negative effect on anything.
Woah! And I thought I had a busy life! Sheesh, I commend you on balancing all of that along with a youtube channel. Thanks for your feedback. I just posted a new video and it felt so good being able to take my time editing it, and not stressing over a deadline. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1548174676,1548174630][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with this. It doesn't have to be the exact same time every video, but honestly, regular uploads is one of the most important things you can do.
Thanks! I can def. manage consistency, over quantity. Slow and steady as they say :)