Video Ranking High in Search

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
What are some good tips for ranking a video high within YouTube search results?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think good SEO is the best free tip I can give you. That combined with a good thumbnail (no i didnt say clickbait:)) and some look to I guess. If you want to rank high on keywords that hard to target it will be hard but if it has to do with keywords/phrases that are not so hard to rank high on it will of course be easier:)

Reactions: darksmokeyt

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I think good SEO is the best free tip I can give you. That combined with a good thumbnail (no i didnt say clickbait:)) and some look to I guess. If you want to rank high on keywords that hard to target it will be hard but if it has to do with keywords/phrases that are not so hard to rank high on it will of course be easier:)
Everyone always says "good seo", but a lot of people may not know what that means, so I'll give you check list when making a video.

Making the video.
1. First research and find a video idea that has not been done 1000 times, but also has been done. (so you can get into the already done suggestions feed).
2.Make the video, make sure there is never a boring point. You want a high watch time.

Posting the video.

Title:
make sure the title is enticing, but also fits your keywords. If you are making a gaming video about fortnite the title shouldn't be "Fortnite Gameplay #23423" the title should be "I Got 19 Kills! | Fortnite Gameplay". The second title pulls people in because of curiosity.
Description: Don't leave your description blank and don't just put your social medias in it. The first part of your description should be a 300-900 description of the video. When writing the description try to use as many tag words and title words as possible without seeming spammy.
Tags: Research your tags and find ones that are high search volume and low rankings. You could use VidIQ or TubeBuddy. Use title words for the tags and description words.

If you follow all these steps and you have quality content, you can get everyone of your videos ranked.
Thanks guys. I've also heard that putting an end screen on the end of your video to attract viewers to another YouTube video (as opposed to leaving YouTube) can help with ranking your video higher in search. Have you heard of this or implemented it yourself?