Video plays much smaller after Editing

John Stenger

Reaction score
I have been posting my HD videos on Facebook for some time now, shooting them, and transferring the file directly to my PC, and then uploading to Facebook, But recently I started using the VSDC video editor to improve the audio, and also cut out scenes I don't like! However after editing some videos, and exporting them in the highest quality, I am having the problem of the edited videos playing on FB much smaller in size, then the Unedited videos! ..which always play at full screen size! and the resolution is the same 1920 x 1080 in output ..Would anyone know what this might be?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Facebook tends to resize videos because most of their users tend to use "cell phones" when on the site. It's just a different type of audience between Facebook and Youtube. But on their community page asking the same question I found this under the "recommended" settings from the user, but not exactly the site.

"1. H.264 video with AAC audio in MOV or MP4 format
2. An aspect ratio no larger than 1280px wide and divisible by 16px
3. A frame rate at, or below, 30fps
4. Stereo audio with a sample rate of 44,100hz"

John Stenger

Reaction score
Yes I agree Facebook does create a lot of the photo/Video issues! but this must have to do with something in editing, because if take it from the phone to the PC, to Facebook, the videos are always full screen, but whatever goes into editing plays like a thumbnail.