Video only being watched at Midnight

TVJunkie93

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is an oddity. A video I uploaded on Thursday has, since upload, seen almost all of it's activity between midnight and 2am, for three consecutive days.

Midnight.jpg

In the attached pick, the highest spike is always at midnight, the following bar 1am, and no activity after. The pic attached shows last night and the prior night, but this also happened on what is technically Friday morning.

Anyone have an idea why a video could get traffic like this at midnight but no time else? Has anyone seen something like this before, and what can I learn from it?

vMinti

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Perhaps your videos are watched in countries with different time zone than yours?
I gain a lot of traction in "my" night hours, because I have people from USA / Canada watching me. I don't know if that might be the case, but oh well

Nerfworthy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Something strange i've noticed since yesterday aswell, my videos dont generate any more views, like all of my videos.. I've even told a random people to open my video, then once they do open it I refresh the youtube page and it doesnt count the views..... i'm so confused right now

TVJunkie93

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Perhaps your videos are watched in countries with different time zone than yours?
I gain a lot of traction in "my" night hours, because I have people from USA / Canada watching me. I don't know if that might be the case, but oh well
This particular video's audience is about 40% North America, 60% scattered across the world. The timezones though wouldn't explain why the video goes from 0-to-100 every midnight, just for two hours before going back to 0. The consistency in that pattern is jarring.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hahaha! same thought here (vampires...)

sometimes I watch and forward videos to friends especially the small hours
and maybe chat or discuss the video. That means that we watch it over and over again.
Another case is people working late that found your video interesting (e.g. nightwatchers).

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually get more views at night it could be because of time zones or maybe people just like watching videos at nighttime. I know I’m usually up all night bing watching YouTube videos around midnight to 3am.

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
The spikes in the graph look like vampire fangs. Vampires confirmed.

TVJunkie93

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
FWIW last night it went from 0-to-36 views per hour again at midnight, and back to 0 per hour again by 3am, and zilch after.

I’ve never seen a video act this strangely before.

Last edited: