Video muted but 'Youtube Policies' said "Viewable Worldwide"

sylent

Reaction score
I apologize if this particular subject has been touched upon in spades, but quite recently, I made a comic convention video and used a song that "Youtube Policies" didn't have any restrictions on. I researched songs for the video ahead of time just to confirm which songs were allowable, so I picked "Walk this way" By Aerosmith feat. Run DMC. It gave me this message:

If you use this song

Playback Viewable worldwide
Advertising Ads can appear

If you perform a cover

Playback Viewable worldwide
Advertising Ads can appear

After a week of editing, touching-up and re-touching, adding graphics etc., I published the video only to have it muted within less than 10 minutes with the Youtube Copyright claim notification. I went back to the Policies page, which says that the song is STILL allowable.

I spent a great deal of time researching music to make sure that the song I chose would be allowable. When the song can't be used on the Policies page, you get this notice:

This song is not available for use in your YouTube videos. If you use this song, your video may be blocked or muted.

I took great care to avoid anything with the above message, but still, my video was muted. Does anyone know what the deal is here?

SensualC4

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What most likely happened is the content owner did not want their song either: used on your video in particular, or changed their copy right policy to remove its availability.

The last line of each song's details "Copyright owners can change their policies or take action on your video that differs from what's described here"

That's unfortunately the risk of using copy righted material, the work arounds would be either create your own music, use the youtube free music, or reach out to the publisher and see if you can either get written permissions or purchase the rights to use the video. =/