Video Making hardware

Reaction score
I am using iPhone 6 & BOYA (MI) microphone for making videos for my youtube channel.

I look forward to suggestions from the seasoned youtubers what they think of the hardware I am using and their suggestions in this regard....

JustinT

Reaction score
Iphone 6 has a good Camera and Mic. You dont really need anyhting special with that setup. Now For making videos Use FinalCut or Adobe Premier. I used to make my videos through wondershare (I don't recommend it) Now i have a Video editor on board that uses premier and edits my videos. Which are 100% better than what I was doing on a free video program

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you are just using those to record, that's great! But if you are also using your phone to edit, I would highly recommend getting a PC, or editing on your current PC if you have one. If you need free editing software, I highly recommend Hitfilm Express 4. It has almost all the same capabilities as Premiere Pro, but it is completely free. The only reason I use Premiere Pro is that it's required at my school, and it has better rendering times and a few more features. If it wasn't required by my school to use Premiere Pro, I would probably just use Hitfilm, as it has nearly all the same features.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
Your question is a little broad. Not sure if you are asking about camera options or post production hardware/software.

With budget in mind I would recommend a desktop with at least an i7 8 GB ram and a dedicated graphics card. If mobility is required a laptop is better but you get a little less for your money. From a software perspective, there are many options but I would go with a stand alone Premiere Elements license, these are good value in my opinion and they are on sale often. Nowadays I use the adobe cloud suite of apps for personal projects and YouTube production, I love these but it is on the expensive side. Once again, this is just my preference there are a lot of products out there to look at.

In regards to camera options, using your cellphone is always the best bang for your buck and smartphone video capabilities are great nowadays. I do see you do fitness videos, if you wanted to improve video quality or just improve your production process I would look at a good quality camcorder. For example, I have a Sony FDR-AX53 that is so easy to use and shoots very good quality 4k. Considering it is a prosumer level camera, it does not shoot raw and it doesn't offer a fully manual mode but it is a great option for longer, educational type of videos.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also use the BOYA (MI) microphone on a Lumix FZ300 - it works good.

Provided the pictures are sharp, go for it.

People think more expensive will make videos magically better, but they are deluded.

Cheers Rob

Reaction score
After recording on iPhone 6, I am using iMovie & MacAirBook for editing.

Any suggestions or comments.