Video Ideas?

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm just starting out, myself. But I get ideas by reading social media and seeing what people are talking about. I also look at what others in my niche are doing, and seeing if I can put my own spin on it. One of my fave YouTubers recently released a video which was exactly the same concept I had planned to start working on. When I commented on it (that I had wanted to do the same idea), he replied with "everyone tells a story differently". I thought that was awesome.
Basically, I guess what I'm trying to say is get inspiration from other YouTubers (don't copy... just be inspired!).
Good luck.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the video ideas discussion forum. ^_^

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You better ask yourself: What kind of videos do YOU want to make? People will notice that you only make videos for views, which makes the videos less popular!
When you make videos you want to make, it will shine through and eventually get more views!

Reactions: Stike96

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am a small youtuber: Rylan Lundeen, and I have found it hard to come up with trending YouTube ideas. Does anyone have any good ideas for small youtubers?
As @TheSwedishTraveler said you should do videos about topics that you are interested in or you will get burned out in no time. Within most categories there are trending topics, but for general ones just keep on twitter and social media and see what people are talking about. It's easy to see what's trending on twitter because they list what topics are trending, there's also google trends and just look at what videos other people are doing and see if you could put your spin on that.

To give you a few examples of trends, it's coming up to the summer holidays so videos talking about stuff to do during the holiday would be good topics, lots of pride stuff is happening around this time (pride month was last month and it's the pride march tomorrow in London) so that's another topic there and there's the world cup going on with all of its drama.