Video ideas

Beemer7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, I'm really struggling to come up with some topics to talk about in my videos right now! so I would love it if someone could help me out with video ideas
Thanks
Encore

Reactions: Sladee

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
While I cant hand out original video ideas since they are so hard to come up with, I can explain how to get an original idea.

If you're gonna talk about things in your past, you have to be really open with your audience, and you might have to dig deep about your topics. Many YouTubers are gifted story tellers (A Good example is AfterPrisonShow) he has experiences about prison that he reveals to the world. Obviously some YouTubers get by with looks or clickbait, but honestly, the really Good storytellers are the ones who genuinely want share their experiences (AND DON'T MAKE UP STORIES, people can usually tell!). Another tip is to be more phonetic, this comes with experience and a little bit of a gut feeling. Emphasize the right words, and be more articulate. I saw your "My Biggest Fight" and I noticed that you were playing AND talking. While this is easily ok for video game commentaries, when your talking about something other than the game your playing i'd recommend to pre-record a video and comment over it after so you have less "ummm's" and "ahhh's" in your videos. I also noticed you had a bit of background noise in the video, id recommend recording with Audacity and using the noise reducer option to eliminate the noise in the background so the audience is more focused onto your voice. If you can ditch the game directly do it, and put yourself in front of the camera. When the audience watches a person in front of a camera they can read their body language and feel more involved in the story; And don't be afraid to use a loose script! It helps you keep your ideas in order and the story flowing the way you intend.

Now in terms of gaming videos, all games are pretty much the same, there a few options to gain a following.

You can either do a let's play channel where you play video games through and through. Now keep in mind this requires INSANE amounts of hours put into gaming, playing the newest games even the ones you might not want to play but people want to watch. Also keep in mind the price of the games and how much you can drop on the newest release. You also have to worry about video recording equipment and voice recording equipment as this is something the audience EXPECTS is high quality.

Another way is to have a personality based channel ( like mine :) ) where you use your personality to make the game your playing more interesting. Don't be afraid to reach out to friends and ask for help in recording a video, many channels are based off a group of people gaming, even though the channel is run by one person (Vanoss is one example). This is one of the harder ones to do as you need to be EXTREMELY comfortable with talking to yourself/being in front of the camera as it requires you to up your personality by a couple clicks to be funny.

Goodluck with your channel! I hope my input helped! :)

--

EDIT: oh P.S a good way to get ideas is to tweak ideas by other people. For example you see a video where if someone gets an answer wrong they are egged, but on your channel you throw pies. As long as you credit the video you got the idea from all's good!

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I see your channel is gaming-orientated, so you could make a series talking about gaming news.
New games coming out, news within gaming communities, etc.