Video Got Removed

DukWin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Back in September I uploaded what I believed to be my greatest video to date. It was a GTA V Cinematic Music video that I had worked on hard for at least a month. By the end of October it had reached about 260 views but then it was removed for no reason and no warning, possibly due to a nasty flag attack. I didn't receive a strike therefore I was unable to appeal against it let alone contact YouTube. YouTube's removal system is unfair and and appalling due to its automated nature. There is also a communication between YouTube and users as you have to be partnered with a network to have any chance of contacting them and they will not provide specific details on why it was removed. This disheartened me so much due to the time and effort I had put into that video. I re-uploaded it 2 weeks ago but progress is slow and is stuck around 100 views. I will need all the help I can get to restore it back to the 260 views the original video had. Any ideas on how I can do this?
Video Rejected.PNG

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What does it say when you go to the old video link? The message may give a hint.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think,
There might be some certain system error in YouTube servers, try to contact and send feedback. At any case, if this issue gets to increase among other YouTubers, then it would give a negative impression towards YouTube services because losing a one month efforts without warning will increase the risk of growing your business relying on youtube services. Youtube is a very big enterprise company and they are 100 % transparent with their users. However, a self growing business would be safer, transparent, less competence and less starting-earnings.

ThioJoe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If you didn't receive a strike then it means it was taken down for misleading metadata, such as tags in the description, misleading description, tags, etc. They don't strike you for these anymore because so many people did it, but they still remove the videos.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
If you didn't receive a strike then it means it was taken down for misleading metadata, such as tags in the description, misleading description, tags, etc. They don't strike you for these anymore because so many people did it, but they still remove the videos.
Good to know :)

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Moved to Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion for you :)

DukWin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think it is possible for YouTube to reinstate the video. All I have to do now is get the re-upload back up to 260 views which is going to be difficult.

Mastah

Reaction score
Tags in desc. were giving a strike and now they dont? Didn't know :]

RyanH

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Tags in desc. were giving a strike and now they dont? Didn't know :]
Tags in description / spammy tags don't typically give a strike, the video just gets taken down and they don't usually reinstate it for anyone which sucks.

Mastah

Reaction score
Tags in description / spammy tags don't typically give a strike, the video just gets taken down and they don't usually reinstate it for anyone which sucks.
Well they used to. In mid 2014 the rule was implemented and YT was giving strikes for it. Didn't know they stopped. Thats all.