Video flop or not?

SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've worked really hard on my next video but I only have 35 subs and I'm pretty sure it'll flop. Is there anyway to prevent getting less than 50 views and whatnot? Maybe this is me getting ahead of myself but I feel like if it can get views, it'll get subs... Problem is, seo isn't doing much for me and I don't have a following on any social media to promote it.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It's been my experience that videos can "flop" at first, but gain traction later. That happened with my most viewed video... I posted it when I had around 30 subscribers, and it took a month to get to 100 views (I remember that was a happy day! ^^). It was a slow crawl at first, but now it has like 900k views or something crazy like that. :eek: I'd post the video and start working on your next video. :) The more videos you work on, the better you become at producing content, and the more searchable content you have out there that can bring in an audience. ^^ What you think may be a big hit, might not be, and vice versa. I actually don't really like my most viewed video, and I think it's kind of bad haha... xD

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's been my experience that videos can "flop" at first, but gain traction later. That happened with my most viewed video... I posted it when I had around 30 subscribers, and it took a month to get to 100 views (I remember that was a happy day! ^^). It was a slow crawl at first, but now it has like 900k views or something crazy like that. :eek: I'd post the video and start working on your next video. :) The more videos you work on, the better you become at producing content, and the more searchable content you have out there that can bring in an audience. ^^ What you think may be a big hit, might not be, and vice versa. I actually don't really like my most viewed video, and I think it's kind of bad haha... xD
Thats encouraging! I thought if it didnt take off in the first week (more than 1k views) that was it for the video

I've worked really hard on my next video but I only have 35 subs and I'm pretty sure it'll flop. Is there anyway to prevent getting less than 50 views and whatnot? Maybe this is me getting ahead of myself but I feel like if it can get views, it'll get subs... Problem is, seo isn't doing much for me and I don't have a following on any social media to promote it.
I think when you start or when you are small a lot of your views comes from subs
If you have 35 subs and get 35 views thats pretty good

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you have 35 subs and get 35 views thats pretty good
This. Adjust your expectations, a small following will only get you a small amount of views. Don't expect something to go viral just because you worked hard on it, as Katy said, it are often videos you don't even think are very good that get a lot of views. Your older videos will keep getting more and more views as time goes by, as new subs often watch older videos as well ;)

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you content is evergreen i.e tutorial or how tos, just give it time :D Just concentrate on churning out more videos ^^

Reactions: PictureFIT

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
That's a great story, and excellent advice.
The YouTube universe is totally unpredictable. I produced a video blog a couple of months ago that was so bad I almost didn't publish it... I think it's at nearly 50,000 views now. Other vlogs that I think will do really well totally flop.
As you rightly said, you just need to keep creating and keep publishing.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Jam your data full of keywords and have your friends watch in full and comment as soon as you go live to help you out.

Ps I’m in Japan too!

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Like others have said, you just have to post it. Do everything you can to promote it, even if it means you'll only get an extra 5-10 views from it. Most important thing is to let it be out there to the public and focus more on creating more videos.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale