Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Video feedback - Non gaming

Discussion in 'Reviews & Channel Feedback' started by AmberAndGolden, Jul 6, 2018.

1. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49
    Hello!

So, I've been making videos for quite a while now (since 2013) and I've kind of developed a style to my videos and I was wondering if that style is effective or not..

My most recent video:

(Another video with better sound quality from a few weeks ago, since my mic broke and I had to replace it :'( )

So I added a custom 'filter' over my video which increases the brightness, saturation, decreases the contrast and has a 'peach' hue to it, obviously it's not a 'realistic' portrayal, but what are your thoughts on this?

Also, how is the audio/light/camera quality doing, overall??

If you have any thoughts on my channel at all, please let me know, I really want to improve, I just feel like I've gotten comfortable here and I don't know if thats a good thing or not!!

2. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49

#2 AmberAndGolden, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  3. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49

#3 AmberAndGolden, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. Divine Authority
    Cash:
    $42
    Your channel art, thumbnail, description is really well done. I also like the fact that you link to your social media profile to gain more exposure. The audio, lighting and camera quality I absolutely have no problem with it. From what I see, the videos that garnered most views from your channel would be your fashion videos. Maybe you could try focusing on that instead?

For me personally, unbox videos has been done to death and it the thing from the past. The only channel I know of that make unbox videos still relevant is this guy.

Even though I am not a fan of unbox videos, this guy make it interesting to watch since he cover a lot of obscure and expensive gadget as well as being funny and informative at the same time.

Have you try doing make-up videos? I know it kinda saturated content but a lot of people still like watching that kind of videos. If you able to make your make-up videos stand out to other You Tuber, you might attract new people.

This is just my opinion.

5. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49
    Thank you for the feedback!

I kind of fell into doing unboxing videos by accident (I don't unbox products, like.. A new phone, or a single item, I usually unbox subscription boxes or mystery boxes only)

I would like to do more fashion videos but.. er.. That would require £££ LOL I'm a student living on my own and I don't have £200 a month to spend on clothes for YouTube (although I'd LOVE that LOL)
    I'm planning on doing some more fashion related videos utlising the cloths I already have (Outfit -of-the-week or lookbook style videos, probably) so ya

On the note of makeup videos, No, I've not thought of doing them... I don't enjoy makeup videos for the most part, I've attempted to make one or two in the past and they flopped severely (because I'm bad at makeup ;)) and I'm not creative enough with my makeup to do anything with it (Like Rin @Gothfruits for example, he does amazing art-makeup).. honestly, like you said, it's over-saturated, I'd just be adding more sub-par makeup videos to YouTube and I wouldn't stand out at al doing that :crying:

Again, Thanks for the feedback!! I'll see what fashion vids I can come up with :giggle:

6. Jed
    Jed
    Cash:
    $37
    Personally I couldn't disagree with this more. Just because something has been done by a lot of people over the years doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it and find a different genre because you could say the same for pretty much every genre of video then, including makeup. When doing something that a lot of people do it just means that you need to have something that sets your videos apart and makes them unique to you, whether that be the way in which you do whatever it is or even just your personality. Because your personality is unique and makes your videos unique to you, so I personally don't think you need to change genre, you just need to keep on being you and if you get interesting ideas on how you could unbox products that won't hurt either.

Now onto your videos themselves...

Video: It's shot nicely and you're framed quite well. I also like the cutaways that show the different aspects of each product, it's nice and shows that you care. I would maybe suggest moving the camera back slightly and raising it a little so that the top of your head isn't cut off of the top of the screen if that's possible. In terms of the filter that you added, I would say that it depends on what you want to tell the viewer. So I colour grade my videos and I'm not really that worried about people thinking that it's not realistic because I want my video to look more polished and even then I try to make it look good without looking obvious so I do subtle touch ups. I also use colour grading to convey a mood or my emotion at a certain point in the video. So for you, I wouldn't mind about using it and it not looking 'realistic' especially if at the end it looks better, it doesn't look over graded so it's fine. To be honest with you, you could increase the contrast, slightly, because it looks a little flat.

Audio: Your voice is nice and loud and clear. You enunciate your words nicely and it's easy for me to understand what you're saying, even when you get excited. Your music I think is a touch too quiet where it's at the point that it's a bit distracting because it's so faint to the point that at points in the video I start questioning as to whether I can actually hear music or not and that pulls me away from what you're actually saying which stops me from engaging with the video. The music levels are actually better in your second video, which with the mic really boost audio quality

Lighting: Your lighting seems fine, I might be wrong but it seems like you're using natural lighting from a window directly in front of you. It's good and provides nice diffused light and there's not really any harsh shadows in your videos so yeah... don't really have much else to say on the lighting front

In terms of you feeling comfortable, I personally think feeling comfortable can make you sloppy in the long run or at the very least could stop you from pushing any further and making better videos. At the end of the day I think, making videos is an art form and there's always something new to learn and always something more that you can master. Your videos are good but they can be better. I'm not saying that you shouldn't become more proficient and more comfortable with certain techniques and aspects of making videos but if you're just doing the same thing over and over again and making the same video over and over again then your videos won't become any better. I think the fact that you said that you felt like you're getting comfortable and you want to improve is a good thing and shows a desire to better yourself and if you carry on like this, I think you can go far.

All the things I've said in this review are just my opinions and if you disagree with anything I've said, feel free to ignore it, after all it's your channel. All in all, you're videos are good, keep on going and keep on improving. I hope things go well for you and your channel in the future.

AmberAndGolden likes this.
  7. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49
    I've definitely played around with this in the past, But I do agree.. I think having the camera a little more zoomed-out would look better!

This is something I'll look a little more into, I 100% agree with you, I think that might be what makes my videos look a little accidentally washed out, thanks!

Phew, thank you for this, genuinely.. Someone commented one of my recent videos that they thought I was difficult to understand/I spoke to fast, so I'm glad that not everyone thinks that!

Dang, this is something I didn't even consider.. I'll make my music a little louder in the future.. I actually had a stint where my music was too loud so I think I am overcompensating a little now

I actually use two soft boxes! but I'm happy that it has a similar effect to natural daylight!

Thank you so much for such an in depth review!! I couldn't have asked for anything better, and I'll definitely work on the things you suggested,
    :tyvm::up:

Jed likes this.
  8. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49
    Hey!!
    This may be a little cheeky of me, but I made some of the changes you suggested to me for my most recent video, and I was wondering if you could give it a quick once over to see if its up to par!

If not, thats totally fine