Video Execution [Important]

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
When your making videos you want them to be well executed (a.k.a nicely put together) a lot of people wonder why there videos dont get a lot of views or good ratings and most of the time its due to poor video execution. I hate to break your heart but if your video looks like it was made in 10 minutes nobody is gonna watch it. When making videos you want fast transitions and eye catching content. Also a little excitement or humor in your voice doesnt hurt either.When people click on your videos, you want their full attention ,so there not clicking off your video less than halfway through it.When you have bad videos its like a domino effect.It doesnt get a lot of views, it gets bad ratings, and its less likely to come up in youtube searches. This effect also applies to good videos in vice versa. So when your shooting and editing your video just ask yourself during the process "Would I like this video if someone else made this?" "Would I say this video sucked after I got done watching it?" "Would I have clicked off this video not even halfway through it yet?" Just something to keep in mind.

Reactions: Michael

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Great advice man! Do you think my videos are executed well?

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So when your shooting and editing your video just ask yourself during the process "Would I like this video if someone else made this?" "Would I say this video sucked after I got done watching it?" "Would I have clicked off this video not even halfway through it yet?" Just something to keep in mind.
Oh goodness, yes. I wanted to watch a friend's video once, and he was like, "no, no I don't want to watch it. It's not very good." And I thought, then WHY do you have it up on YouTube? If you don't find your own videos interesting, then why would other people?

On the other hand, just because someone enjoys their own videos doesn't mean other people will. >.<

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Oh goodness, yes. I wanted to watch a friend's video once, and he was like, "no, no I don't want to watch it. It's not very good." And I thought, then WHY do you have it up on YouTube? If you don't find your own videos interesting, then why would other people?

On the other hand, just because someone enjoys their own videos doesn't mean other people will. >.<
exactly.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with almost all of what you said there, I felt like that with global accent tag we done, I had seen it and all the clips loads of times when editing it and then checking each section over a few times making sure it was right and in the end I just couldnt watch all of it without forcing myself to, it isnt the kind of video people will want to watch over and over especially not with its length, I was also concerned about its length but with accepting so many people for the collab I didnt want to let people down by excluding them or whatever to reduce the length. It goes to show some extra planning could have gone far with this when it comes to getting people to join in the collab. Then again even dropping half the people would still have made it over 5 minutes long. After all of it I had a few better execution ideas but by then I had already done the majority of it but at least I can use the idea whenever I can next.

Good advice there :)

Reactions: Itskamren

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think the accent tag was executed perfectly!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the accent tag was executed perfectly!
Thanks Stef, it could be that I had looked at it that much I am questioning things lol I think the length could have been better though, I kinda get the feeling not many people would want to see 10 minutes of accents unless theyre interested in hearing people from around the world quite a bit :D

I feel the same about my older videos, I dont believe the ones I done were of anywhere near good enough standard of quality and execution but I was wanting them to be as natural as possible at the time and get them out there. It all depends on the kinds of videos I guess, spending say 5 hours on a vlog could be way excessive but 5 hours on a skit could be decent.

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I agree with almost all of what you said there, I felt like that with global accent tag we done, I had seen it and all the clips loads of times when editing it and then checking each section over a few times making sure it was right and in the end I just couldnt watch all of it without forcing myself to, it isnt the kind of video people will want to watch over and over especially not with its length, I was also concerned about its length but with accepting so many people for the collab I didnt want to let people down by excluding them or whatever to reduce the length. It goes to show some extra planning could have gone far with this when it comes to getting people to join in the collab. Then again even dropping half the people would still have made it over 5 minutes long. After all of it I had a few better execution ideas but by then I had already done the majority of it but at least I can use the idea whenever I can next.

Good advice there :)
appreciate it.