Video Editors

Dylan5993

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sony Vegas Pro 14 is the best option in my opinion, Every other option was just to much to pay, I also found another issue with Adobe products is that you need at least 8GB of ram to do heavy video rendering and when you are rendering your videos you cant really do anything else, like you need to only use the one program. Also the file size's adobe renders are is insane. Like a solid 3-5 GB's of video footage for a 5 minute long video. It's just crazy. I love after effects but I could never render videos without a BEEFY computer like worth $1000-$2000. Anyways just my opinion could be different to other people. Just from my experience! :D

Fun withSammy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank
Sony Vegas Pro 14 is the best option in my opinion, Every other option was just to much to pay, I also found another issue with Adobe products is that you need at least 8GB of ram to do heavy video rendering and when you are rendering your videos you cant really do anything else, like you need to only use the one program. Also the file size's adobe renders are is insane. Like a solid 3-5 GB's of video footage for a 5 minute long video. It's just crazy. I love after effects but I could never render videos without a BEEFY computer like worth $1000-$2000. Anyways just my opinion could be different to other people. Just from my experience! :D
Thank you so much for your input. I still haven't made a purchase yet as I'm waiting on a lens purchase to come in and haven't even shot a video yet. Ha! I have a MacBook Pro. I wonder how much GB's I'd have available with that...

Do you think this Vegas Pro would let me add cool animations (random example, interactive shooting stars or flying objects)?

Reactions: Dylan5993

Dylan5993

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank

Thank you so much for your input. I still haven't made a purchase yet as I'm waiting on a lens purchase to come in and haven't even shot a video yet. Ha! I have a MacBook Pro. I wonder how much GB's I'd have available with that...

Do you think this Vegas Pro would let me add cool animations (random example, interactive shooting stars or flying objects)?
Your welcome!
Well ur MacBook Pro should have at least 8GB's of ram installed on your machine. The 13inch models come with 8GB. Although the bigger 15inch comes with 16GB of ram so it depends which laptop you have. Either should work fine :)

I did a bit of research as I don't know alot about mac's. I've come to the conclusion that I highly recommend buying The 'Adobe Creative Cloud Suite'. It's around $20 a month depends. Cheaper for students. You can purchase a year's licence. There is many options to pay for it. I recommend buying the whole suite of applications package though. Because you could use Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing and rendering and then you could also use Adobe After effects for your video effects such as your moving objects and flying stars. :) After effects you can easily move objects and do amazing video editing pieces. I suggest going on to their website and checking it out. If u buy the package there is 25 applications u receive. From anything about making a website to Photoshop. It's truly the best option in this scenario. Sony Vegas Pro isn't available to run on a mac operating system. It's only for windows laptop's and computers. Unfortunately , it doesn't do much video effects anyways. There is Apples Final Cut Pro X which would be my second recommendation if you aren't happy with The Adobe products. The difference between them is that Adobe products use multi-tracks so on your timeline in video editing there's multiple layers to work with. Whereas final cut pro x uses a single magnetic timeline. The final cut pro x is a tiny bit faster with rendering. The file sizes with adobe products is going to be a bit of a pain but what I used to do is use a file compressor which makes the file smaller after I rendered it. Search for the program 'Handbrake'. That will help you with making the files smaller. I've personally never used premiere pro. But I've used Adobes after effects and it is great. I made a speed effect to make me look like I'm running fast. I've also done in the past cloning (making duplicate of my self). So the options are endless. People can make whole city destruction effects like a giant explosion in Adobes after effects and the good part with the Adobe suite package is after u edit the effects you can transfer the file into Premiere pro to edit the video and render it with ease. Also the options are way more endless in the Adobe products. Anyways I hope I've helped, prices and more information can be found by searching these things in google:

'Adobe premiere pro Vs apple final cut pro x'
'adobe creative Cloud buy'
'adobe after effects'
:)

Drawingkids

Reaction score
Try to use Wondershare Filmora, its easy and heve all what you need :)
Check on youtube for more info ;)

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,
Most people have already answered this but when I first started editing I used a program called Sony Vegas, really easy to get a grasp of basic video editing. I then moved onto Adobe premiere pro which has so many more featured but in my opinion a lot more complicated to get your head around.
I hope this helps!

Jamie

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Vegas (to chime in with all the others) its a more serious NLE but it'll get the job done on anything you need doing...it also wont break the bank like Premier will...its a one off payment rather than monthly installments..the only reason I havent gone for it to be honest is i've spent so many years on premier im familiar with it xD