Video Editing through Adobe Creative Cloud

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently just got myself a new laptop, needing to start working outside of the house... there's just too many distractions there to be productive. Also, it would be nice to start editing and posting videos while on the road. So that's where I am at.

At home, I have been using a pretty dated version of Sony Vegas. I have had no complaints with it at all. But now, I'm playing with the idea of subscribing to a cloud service, most likely through Adobe. What are people's experiences with this? Recommendations? I apologize if this is a topic that has been brought up often...

The Wandering Soul with Wandering Soles : )

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I recently just got myself a new laptop, needing to start working outside of the house... there's just too many distractions there to be productive. Also, it would be nice to start editing and posting videos while on the road. So that's where I am at.

At home, I have been using a pretty dated version of Sony Vegas. I have had no complaints with it at all. But now, I'm playing with the idea of subscribing to a cloud service, most likely through Adobe. What are people's experiences with this? Recommendations? I apologize if this is a topic that has been brought up often...

The Wandering Soul with Wandering Soles : )
I was using Sony Vegas before I went to school for Television Broadcasting. While in college we had access to the whole Adobe Suite. When I first starting using Premier I noticed a lot of similarities between the two programs. It took me about a week to get used to the changes, then I started to notice just how flexible Premier was in contrast to Vegas. Everything was much smoother and I was able to do things on Premier that I wouldn't have even imagined accomplishing on Vegas. The next year Adobe came out with an update that made it even more flexible. A lot of the editing I would normally have to do in After Effecrs I was able to find work around for and do in Premier (although the quality in After Effects was better and the tools in After Effects were easier to use, the level of quality was not noticeable and it cut down on render times significantly. So even though some of my edits took longer in Premier the time I saved on rendering made a huge difference.)

Looking back on Vegas, it is completely garbage as far as editing software is concerned. The leading industry standard editing software is Adobe Premier. Avid is next in line because of how the system integrates well with live TV (used a lot in news.) I'm not sure if Final Cut is still used but my college had gotten rid of it as it was no longer better than Adobe at my time of enrolment. Hope this helps with your decision.

Also, all of the Adobe programs integrate well with each other (photoshop, after effects, Premier) which is another bonus!