Video Description Question

nsusa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I wrote several books a few years ago. Now I am slowly turning them into small videos for my channel - kind of telling the story in video format instead of reading it.

I do write short text sections for the video description and add tags. But I am wondering - would copying in pasting in content from the book be something that helps with search rankings? Not sure how much value the description field carries. If I create 10 videos for one chapter and then split the chapter text and add it in as description (where appropriate) - good or bad move?

Would love to get your feedback.

Reactions: Ocean Chan

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, I wrote several books a few years ago. Now I am slowly turning them into small videos for my channel - kind of telling the story in video format instead of reading it.

I do write short text sections for the video description and add tags. But I am wondering - would copying in pasting in content from the book be something that helps with search rankings? Not sure how much value the description field carries. If I create 10 videos for one chapter and then split the chapter text and add it in as description (where appropriate) - good or bad move?

Would love to get your feedback.
I think only the first 20??? or so lines get counted as searchable words, so you want to have your most important buzzwords at the start

But a long description is good for the viewers who are already there on your video

Reactions: nsusa

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
First of all, what a great idea!

The description field is very important for the YouTube to know what your video is all about. The title is most important...then the description...then the tags, according to people who study the subject.

Take your time to write a description for each video that explains in brief what the video is about. It's true that you should include keywords, but if you make an honest attempt to describe the video content then the keywords will naturally be included.

Good luck with it!

Reactions: nsusa