Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Video Converter?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by AmyHouse, Mar 17, 2017.

1. AmyHouse
    Cash:
    $11
    Hey everyone...baby vlogger here. Let me know if this is in the wrong space. I searched and couldn't find an answer to my question...though that doesn't say much as I get lost easily. I sadly have to use windows movie maker to start out my channel. I've made one video and I can't figure out how to convert it to an appropriate file type to share on youtube. Every converter I've found either requires you pay or will leave a huge watermark across your video. Help?

2. The NotARubicon!
    NotARubicon Productions
    Cash:
    $25
    Does not Windows Movie Maker have different export/SAVE AS options? I recall more than one person here saying they use Movie Maker and didnt have any issues (or, my memory could be failing me).
    If Movie Maker really does suck that hard, and does not give a YouTube friendly export option, I'm sure there are some free editors you could use. Or you could use Filmora which is only $39..
    Too bad you dont have a Mac, it comes with a great video editor built in/free ! But, that's a whole nuther post.

#2 The NotARubicon!, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Crown likes this.
  3. Brandon
    VISUAL.
    Cash:
    $119
    You can Save As in Windows Movie Maker from what I remember back when I used WIndows computers.. Also, I'd recommend Windows Live Movie Maker. Same concept, a little bit better, and an option to upload directly to YouTube :) !!

Crown likes this.
  4. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $5,762
    Moved to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

Some good advice above from @Brandon and @The NotARubicon!

When in moviemaker, don't use the "publish movie" option. Instead, choose the "save movie" option in file menu and then either choose "save for YouTube" or go all the way to the bottom and choose "custom settings". The .wmv format works quite well but the best thing is to just make a very short test video and play around with it for a bit and compare the results.

5. AllVisuals4U
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $52
    Have you tried Online Video Cutter? Here you can cut away a part of your video after you upload it and then convert it to another format.

6. AmyHouse
    Cash:
    $11
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I think I'm going to try out the Windows Live Movie Maker and try to upload directly to youtube. We will see how that works for me. I may be back here with more questions ;) Thanks for moving this post to the correct spot and for everyone's input!

7. Sunderlandgreen
    Cash:
    $1
    You can use the free open source program - Handbrake to produce YouTube best uploading formats and settings below:
    Container: MP4
    Video codec: H.264
    Progressive scan not interlacing
    High Profile
    2 consecutive B frames
    Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
    CABAC
    Variable bitrate, no bit rate limit required, though we offer recommended bit rates below for reference,
    Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
    Audio codec: AAC-LC
    Channels: Stereo or Stereo + 5.1
    Sample rate 96khz or 48khz
    Resolution and aspect ratio
    YouTube uses 16:9 aspect ratio players. If you’re uploading a non-16:9 file, it will be processed and displayed correctly as well, with pillar boxes (black bars on the left and right) or letter boxes (black bars at the top and bottom) provided by the player.