Video Compositing

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Does anyone out here besides myself actually do video transparency layering or compositing on a regular basis? And if so, what editor are you using to do it? I'm looking to eventually replace Serif MoviePlus X6, which was taken off the market last year.

I have Adobe Premiere CC 2015, but the learning curve is rather steep for most advanced features; and I'm in a bit of a hurry. I'll keep using what I have until Windows 10 kicks it out as no longer compatible, but I need that backup program at the ready when this happens.

Any ideas welcome!

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Hit Film 2 for my compositing stuff. It's pretty good. 3 or 4 are out now.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Um, I've never used Express so I'm not sure of the limitations. I sorta just jumped right in and bought it.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You bought Pro when Express is actually free to download and use? I just had to update my login details at HitFilm's site; I hadn't been there in so long I no longer had the email address I used to sign up there!

It's ok; there is a clear EULA, and many tutorials. I'll find the information I need later today.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think I might have actually used express briefly and just heard a lot of good things and wanted an alternative to something I had to get a license for instead of actually owning. Sorry I didn't know much. It's a great program for what I use it for.