Video blocking

Shawn100

Reaction score
I'm new and this is my first post. Sorry if I'm in the wrong area! I hope my question will have a simple answer. I understand the consequences of using copyrighted material, and that the owner(s) are perfectly within their rights to monetize or block or even remove my video and give me a strike (I've had this happen once).

However, I've noticed that if I have a blocked video, my video manager indicates this, and lists the countries. Or, if worldwide, I see the little yellow (!) next to the video.
Recently, I did get a 'worldwide' block on a video. But, after about a week, the (!) disappeared, and when I click on "Includes copyrighted content" in my video manager, it says "Copyrighted content was found in your video.
The claimant is allowing their content to be used in your YouTube video. However, ads might appear on it." Also, it says there are not any viewing restrictions and that it has been monetized by claimant. Fine. BUT, when I go to the video on any other channel besides my own (and I have to type in URL because it is not searchable) I still see the black screen indicating that it is "blocked in your country on copyright grounds."

Why would the claimant monetize my video and have, supposedly, no viewing restrictions ... but yet still keep it blocked without my channel indicating to me that it's blocked. I don't understand that. I was getting hundreds of views on it per week, and now NADA. I think it's still blocked worldwide but my channel is not indicating this to me. I have some that are, indeed, blocked either worldwide or in certain countries and this information is indicated to me in the video manager. I'm at a loss. Hope someone can shed some light on this.
Thanks,
Shawn