VidCon 2018!

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm planning on purchasing my ticket in April. This will be my 1st time going to vidcon and LA! My first time traveling across the country at that. I thought the same in terms of cost. I'm going as a creator so the ticket is slightly more expensive but I'm planning on taking a VERY long bus to LA instead of taking a plane because it'll save so much money traveling that way, I'm also gonna get an airBnb for vidcon to save money and am trying to find friends to go with so we can split the cost of airbnb which is a more affordable route for places to stay rather than spending a ton for a hotel for 5 days in my opinion depending on which airbnb you decide to stay in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Creepster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would love to go to Amsterdam! I just need to convince 1 of my friends to join me :)

Reactions: Malasia

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'll be at the one in Anaheim. I liked going for the first time last year, mostly because I got to meet a ton of new people. Wandering around the convention center with the puppets tends to get people talking to you. :)

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will be passing on the event again this year. I went the first few years but it was becoming clear that I ain't the target demographic.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Man I'd love to go, but I'd be a bumbling idiot half the time and so shy.

It'd be like

Person: "Hey what's up? I saw you from-"
Me: STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!

genp

Reaction score
Vidcon 18 Amsterdam was disappointing. Check out other ppl's review vids, they felt the same way.

I attended multiple talks for 'knowledge' after all the mess such as demonetization, video deletion, other's claiming my videos as their own (they had content ID of my own videos! wtf), etc, etc. But I learned practically nothing in Amsterdam. I passed all the YouTube certified exams with almost perfect scores for CMS and studied almost all of YouTube Academy stuff already. Also I follow 'YouTube' news.

BTW I don't network. I did collaborations with other YouTubers in the past. Collabs don't worth the time and efforts considering the effects for my type of channels.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I have never been to VidCon but I will look out for it over in the UK. I will like to go and see what it is like and what it entails. Learn lots too.

Ted Space

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Those of you going to VidCon - anyone wants to share an AirBnB? Price have gone up like crazy this year, so I'm looking for a few people to share an apartment with. DM me if interested.