VidCon 2018!

MYKD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TBH, I really have no idea -- which is why I kind of want to go lol! From what I've gathered from all the vlogs people post, it's this strange mix between YouTube viewers, and YouTubers getting to meet and talk to other YouTubers. There seem to be lots of panels and YouTube strategy meetings, which is what I'm the most interested in. I find the tiered VidCon membership thing to be kind of strange -- the industry membership gets an entire floor to themselves, and I really want to know what all goes on in there lol! Would I be missing out on a lot of helpful info if I didn't shell out all my money for the most expensive pass!? Questions...questions...questions... :eek:

I kind of think this forum has way more helpful info than any YouTube convention, but who knows!? It still sounds like it'd be kind of fun to meet other YouTubers. ^_^
Thank you for your thoughts on this. That sounds fun. Wouldn’t mind meeting the people watching my videos, but first I have to get people watching my videos! Lol

Reactions: KatyAdelson

genp

Reaction score
Ok, Vidcon EU is meh comparing to USA but EU is the only continent I frequently visit.

So how are the materials covered in the industry track? Are they really worthwhile?

Do presenters at Europe speak UK or USA English or world English with thick accent?

Is there any other different thing for Industry except lounge food and networking at lounge? which I read in the previous thread here. I might end up staying in a club hotel room. So finger foods are not a huge plus for me.

One last question:

EU, USA, AU industry tracks each year cover the same materials, or similar, or totally different? If I choose to attend two of them or all three, will I learn all new things each time?

I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have no idea but it is interesting questions.. I consider going to Vidcon in Amsterdam my self (i´m from Denmark) but I never been to Vidcon before so I´m not sure what to expect?? I anyone in this forum have any experience with Vidcon (US or EU) I am very curious and would like ti hear more:)

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely up for Amsterdam. If the powerpoints get all boring, can pop out to the local cafe for a shroomshake

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
To all of you who have gone to vidcon, was it worth it? Why did you decide to go and what do you feel you gained from it?

I'm a college student and, obviously, creator. I'd love to go, but money is tight and I think I should wait another year. I figured it would be a great experience and possibly one that inspires me even more to follow my passions and do what I love.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Whenever I could afford it and have the time for it, I would probably go there, just to see what the fuzz is about!
But i´m also at University at the moment, and at the same time, have other trips planned, like going to the download festival and hopefully going to Stockholm to see Metallica!

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Whenever I could afford it and have the time for it, I would probably go there, just to see what the fuzz is about!
But i´m also at University at the moment, and at the same time, have other trips planned, like going to the download festival and hopefully going to Stockholm to see Metallica!
Ayy nice, I used to listen to Metallica awhile back. That's awesome that you're going to see them.
Do you generally get the community or creator ticket?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ayy nice, I used to listen to Metallica awhile back. That's awesome that you're going to see them.
Do you generally get the community or creator ticket?
I haven´t been there, but I do want to, but it´s not going to happen the near future.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I plan on going to Vidcon this year, actually, with a few of my YouTube friends. I'm saving up for it, and having a friend in California helps, too. I've never been to Cali or Vidcon, but I'm definitely excited. And I think it has a lot of vlog potential, too.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I haven´t been there, but I do want to, but it´s not going to happen the near future.
Ah sorry I read that wrong. Well I hope you're able to go sooner than later!

I plan on going to Vidcon this year, actually, with a few of my YouTube friends. I'm saving up for it, and having a friend in California helps, too. I've never been to Cali or Vidcon, but I'm definitely excited. And I think it has a lot of vlog potential, too.
That awesome! Going with friends is a good idea. I've been to Cali before, but just to visit family that now don't live there anymore. Definitely good for vlogging! Have fun!!