VidCon 2018!

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Argh, June 20th, I'll probably be visiting my family in Japan then so I won't be able to make it.......

Not that I'd be able to go even if I wasn't. Between the plane ticket I'd have to buy because I live in Hawaii and the hotel, and the VidCon admissions, I probably wouldn't be able to afford it anyway (my dad's going to be paying for my visit to Japan, in fact it's more like I'm joining him on his trip to Japan).

Maybe VidCon 2019? Assuming I can actually get a decent paycheck sometime that is. :p

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I live in NYC too! Let's be friends!
Oopsies! I meant that riding the subway + NYC bus system makes it easy to stay almost anywhere in the city and still easily get around to different places. I don't live in NYC (I live in Colorado), but I remember how organized their public transit was! You could even stay in New Jersey and take the train there. ^^ I don't think LA is quite as organized, so I'd be more nervous to find a cheaper hotel further away... :eek:

It is 200 euros for a creator ticket though, oof.
Yeah... I thought the Amsterdam ticket was really pricey, too... =/ Maybe I'm just a convention center noobie, but all these expensive ticket prices are a bit much... :eek:

I am going to SitC though =D Got those tickets already n.n
Ooo!! I've wondered what Summer in the City is like! It always seemed like a fun thing from all the vlogs that pop up about it. ^^

Maybe VidCon 2019? Assuming I can actually get a decent paycheck sometime that is. :p
There are always future VidCons! Visiting Japan would be an amazing trip! I'd take a trip like that with family over a YouTube video convention!

I'm going to pin this thread to the top of the forum. This is now the official Vidcon 2018 thread specially made for @KatyAdelson ^^ :D
Thanks boss! :D
( Wait...Can I call you boss? :eek: )

Reactions: Crown

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’ve never been to vidcon, but I wish I could go this coming year but I probably won’t be able too.:/

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I definitely want to go!!! I'm probably gonna buy the creator tickets

DonHazeon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just bought the creator tickets for Amsterdam ☺☺ If anyone wants to meet up there hit me up

genp

Reaction score
According to the video reviews of Vidcon EU, it is not worthy. However if Pewdiepie is invited to Amsterdam, I will buy the ticket without hesitation.

ItsNotAiyla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm like 95% sure I'm going to go. It just depends on one thing for me. I plan on getting the industry pass and staying in the industry reserved hotel section that it says on the website is available. This will be my first one and I plan on getting as much out of it as possible. Hopefully I can meet some other cool creators!

I'll give you guys that can't go the inside scoop after if ya want;)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm still on the fence about it..... I wish it weren't quite so expensive! :eek: I'll probably know if I want to go or not by March when everything is much more expensive... xD

MYKD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry if this was already asked. What happens at Vidcon? and please don't say "Stays at Vidcon" lol

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Sorry if this was already asked. What happens at Vidcon? and please don't say "Stays at Vidcon" lol
TBH, I really have no idea -- which is why I kind of want to go lol! From what I've gathered from all the vlogs people post, it's this strange mix between YouTube viewers, and YouTubers getting to meet and talk to other YouTubers. There seem to be lots of panels and YouTube strategy meetings, which is what I'm the most interested in. I find the tiered VidCon membership thing to be kind of strange -- the industry membership gets an entire floor to themselves, and I really want to know what all goes on in there lol! Would I be missing out on a lot of helpful info if I didn't shell out all my money for the most expensive pass!? Questions...questions...questions... :eek:

I kind of think this forum has way more helpful info than any YouTube convention, but who knows!? It still sounds like it'd be kind of fun to meet other YouTubers. ^_^