VidCon 2018!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi Everyone!

VidCon 2018 is coming! ^_^ The US VidCon still has cheap-ish tickets for sale until November 30th (super early bird), and February 28 (early bird): http://vidcon.com/register/

VidCon is also popping up again in Amsterdam in March:
http://vidconeurope.com/

And another Australian VidCon is anticipated to happen next year (the dates are still to be determined):
http://vidcon.com/news/vidcon-australia-confirmed-return-2018-massive-debut/

Have you gone to VidCon before? Which ticket level did you purchase in the past, and did you think it was worth it? What did you do there, and did you learn helpful tips for your channel? Do you want to go this year, and/or would you go again if you had the chance?

I'm thinking I might go this year, but the price of the ticket + hotel + car or airplane travel is kind of steep... I'm curious what other YTtalkers are planning! :)

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
I missed out on the Aus Vidcon :( I was super bummed! Time just slipped by & i forgot about it, next thing i know it was over haha
I definitely can't wait for next years aus con though!

Reactions: KatyAdelson

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
550 USD for the industry badge for Vidcon is very expensive! Considering the hotel and flight, it adds up pretty quickly! Goddamn!
I haven´t been to one, but I have thought about going to one someday! But at those prices I won´t be able to!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I missed out on the Aus Vidcon :( I was super bummed! Time just slipped by & i forgot about it, next thing i know it was over haha
Maybe next time! :) I'm happy that they are thinking of having another one in Australia! I've always had the impression that the USA VidCon has a strong focus on the viewers, and I wonder if one of the other VidCons has a larger focus on seminars for the creators? :eek:

550 USD for the industry badge for Vidcon is very expensive! Considering the hotel and flight, it adds up pretty quickly! Goddamn!
I haven´t been to one, but I have thought about going to one someday! But at those prices I won´t be able to!
omg yeah..I definitely won't be getting an industry badge...lol! I was thinking I might get a creator badge, but even that seems expensive. With gas / plane ticket + hotels + creator badge at its current discounted price, it's a ~$1000 trip! x_x I'm sure I could find a cheaper hotel a bit further away, but then I'd need to deal with traffic/parking, or the bus, and neither of those things sound like fun in LA.... I've never thought of LA as a very safe city, so I'd imagine walking longer distances might be asking for trouble... =/

Cindi kinsily

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to go! $550 is soo steep for me unfortunately :(

I am, however going to attend playlist live in Orlando in April, I'm super excited:bounce:[DOUBLEPOST=1511934381,1511934293][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe next time! :) I'm happy that they are thinking of having another one in Australia! I've always had the impression that the USA VidCon has a strong focus on the viewers, and I wonder if one of the other VidCons has a larger focus on seminars for the creators? :eek:

omg yeah..I definitely won't be getting an industry badge...lol! I was thinking I might get a creator badge, but even that seems expensive. With gas / plane ticket + hotels + creator badge at its current discounted price, it's a ~$1000 trip! x_x I'm sure I could find a cheaper hotel a bit further away, but then I'd need to deal with traffic/parking, or the bus, and neither of those things sound like fun in LA.... I've never thought of LA as a very safe city, so I'd imagine walking longer distances might be asking for trouble... =/
I visited LA last year, and while some parts can be busy with commuters taking buses, most people are driving. I'd say book a closer hotel, your safety and comfort will be worth it :wavespin:

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I visited LA last year, and while some parts can be busy with commuters taking buses, most people are driving. I'd say book a closer hotel, your safety and comfort will be worth it :wavespin:
That's good to know! I had a feeling that most people drove because I remember reading about the awful traffic jams in the newspaper when I was a teenager. xD I guess some things never change.... :p I wish it were in NYC. Then I could just take the subway....

I'm curious because so far everyone has pointed out the expensive industry-level ticket. :eek: I hadn't even considered buying a ticket at that level because I assumed it was targeted towards networks and big companies. :eek: The content-creator ticket is only $175 atm, but is that tier not worth it? Now I'm wondering what extra stuff the Industry level people get to be included in. o_0 It looks like they have the whole 3rd floor convention center to themselves! :eek:

Cindi kinsily

Reaction score
That's good to know! I had a feeling that most people drove because I remember reading about the awful traffic jams in the newspaper when I was a teenager. xD I guess some things never change.... :p I wish it were in NYC. Then I could just take the subway....

I'm curious because so far everyone has pointed out the expensive industry-level ticket. :eek: I hadn't even considered buying a ticket at that level because I assumed it was targeted towards networks and big companies. :eek: The content-creator ticket is only $175 atm, but is that tier not worth it? Now I'm wondering what extra stuff the Industry level people get to be included in. o_0 It looks like they have the whole 3rd floor convention center to themselves! :eek:
I live in NYC too! Let's be friends! I experienced absolutely zero traffic in LA, I loved it so much! *swoon, I hope one day to be able to relocate to the west coast :inlove: and I totally agree, the price differences are insane! I would stick with the creator ticket, because it gives you a ton of opportunities to meet other yters who might have the same sub range as you, which is a great potential for collabs! The only downside I see might possibly be the meet and greet "lottery", which isn't something I think I'd be excited for because while I have so many YT idols, I know meet and greets can be very repetitive and hectic for them, and I'm a chatterbox so I'd want to talk to everyone for more than 30 seconds haha :bounce:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm going to pin this thread to the top of the forum. This is now the official Vidcon 2018 thread specially made for @KatyAdelson ^^ :D

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Going to the USA is a step (and a budget) too far for me, sadly n.n" Might go to Amsterdam though, since it's my home country and I'm only an hour flight away. It is 200 euros for a creator ticket though, oof.

I am going to SitC though =D Got those tickets already n.n

Last edited: