Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

VidCon 2018!

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by KatyAdelson, Nov 28, 2017.

1. MYKD
    Cash:
    $9
    Thank you for your thoughts on this. That sounds fun. Wouldn’t mind meeting the people watching my videos, but first I have to get people watching my videos! Lol

KatyAdelson likes this.
  2. genp
    Ok, Vidcon EU is meh comparing to USA but EU is the only continent I frequently visit.

So how are the materials covered in the industry track? Are they really worthwhile?

Do presenters at Europe speak UK or USA English or world English with thick accent?

Is there any other different thing for Industry except lounge food and networking at lounge? which I read in the previous thread here. I might end up staying in a club hotel room. So finger foods are not a huge plus for me.

One last question:

EU, USA, AU industry tracks each year cover the same materials, or similar, or totally different? If I choose to attend two of them or all three, will I learn all new things each time?

I'm just curious.

Thanks.

#22 genp, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  3. Dave2017
    Get The Picture?
    Cash:
    $46
    I have no idea but it is interesting questions.. I consider going to Vidcon in Amsterdam my self (i´m from Denmark) but I never been to Vidcon before so I´m not sure what to expect?? I anyone in this forum have any experience with Vidcon (US or EU) I am very curious and would like ti hear more:)

4. KiddieToysReview
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $138
    Definitely up for Amsterdam. If the powerpoints get all boring, can pop out to the local cafe for a shroomshake

5. Seansie
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $19
    To all of you who have gone to vidcon, was it worth it? Why did you decide to go and what do you feel you gained from it?

I'm a college student and, obviously, creator. I'd love to go, but money is tight and I think I should wait another year. I figured it would be a great experience and possibly one that inspires me even more to follow my passions and do what I love.

6. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $317
    Whenever I could afford it and have the time for it, I would probably go there, just to see what the fuzz is about!
    But i´m also at University at the moment, and at the same time, have other trips planned, like going to the download festival and hopefully going to Stockholm to see Metallica!

7. Seansie
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $19
    Ayy nice, I used to listen to Metallica awhile back. That's awesome that you're going to see them.
    Do you generally get the community or creator ticket?

8. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $317
    I haven´t been there, but I do want to, but it´s not going to happen the near future.

9. Dewmonic Abyss
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $8
    I plan on going to Vidcon this year, actually, with a few of my YouTube friends. I'm saving up for it, and having a friend in California helps, too. I've never been to Cali or Vidcon, but I'm definitely excited. And I think it has a lot of vlog potential, too.

10. Seansie
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $19
    Ah sorry I read that wrong. Well I hope you're able to go sooner than later!

That awesome! Going with friends is a good idea. I've been to Cali before, but just to visit family that now don't live there anymore. Definitely good for vlogging! Have fun!!