VidCast Email About Partnership

Jack Porter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Designer
So today I received a email from VidCast about a application I put in a week ago. Here what the content of the email went:
Hello,

Although you don't currently meet our requirement of 1,000 daily views, we're still interested in working with you as a YouTube partner.

In this circumstance we are offering to take a $50 deposit from you to cover initial marketing and branding on your channel (placing ads on sub-prime videos with less than 1,000 daily views). You are not "Buying a partnership" with us - we do not condone buying or selling partnered account as it ruins the sound ecosystem established on YouTube. This process will be instant if you do not have an Adsense account. If you do have Adsense then it may take 1-2 weeks depending on YouTube's response time.

Please let me know if you are interested and we can move forward.

Don Kenyon
VidCast Partnerships
Anyway I know I don't have 1,000 VPD nor a ton of subscribers. But it just feels shifty this email in the fact that I place down a $50 deposit. Anybody else had a email like this?

Anyway I am going to get in contact with VidCast now and I'll let you guys know.

Lee Thompson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just sent in a application earlier today and i got the exact same email back about an hour ago. I seems a little strange if you ask me and seems to good to be true. But if it is legit i'll be more than happy.

Jack Porter

Reaction score
Channel Type
The other weird this is that it has come from a gmail account[DOUBLEPOST=1344888866,1344887817][/DOUBLEPOST]This is a fake scam. I have spoke to Alex who is the CEO of Vidcast and this is what he said.
[21:02:00] Jack Porter: Hey Alex, I've just added you to see if this email address is from your network employee. d*****n.vidcast@gmail.com
[21:08:29] Alex // CEO @ VidCast // KFU Preyy!: no
[21:08:32] Alex // CEO @ VidCast // KFU Preyy!: all email will be
[21:08:42] Alex // CEO @ VidCast // KFU Preyy!: (namehere)@vidcast.co
[21:09:30] Jack Porter: okay well there is some sort of scam going on with the email I addressed above I will send you what was sent now.
(*copied from the Quote in the first post)
[21:10:45] Jack Porter: Also a copy of what I sent in the partnership form on vidcast.co
[21:11:18] Alex // CEO @ VidCast // KFU Preyy!: dont fall for it man
[21:11:37] Jack Porter: okay it just seems that there is a leak on your end
[21:11:51] Jack Porter: as the information I wrote was in that email
[21:12:06] Alex // CEO @ VidCast // KFU Preyy!: hmm
[21:12:22] Alex // CEO @ VidCast // KFU Preyy!: il look in to it
[21:12:29] Jack Porter: ok

Okay, so I replied back to this fake Gmail address with let's talk more, 20 minutes later I received this email back.

The basic process goes as follows:

1) Send in your deposit to vi*****deposit@gmail.com via Paypal
2) We'll verify receipt of payment
3) We enter you into the system to have a contract sent out (Sent within 24 hours)
4) You will be partnered the same day you sign the contract, if you don't have strikes, id matches, or an Adsense attached to your channel. Channels with a disabled Adsense cannot be partnered.

Your channel must be free of copyright strikes before we can partner you. If we assist in removing the strike it can take as long as 30 days for YouTube to process it.

NOTICE: By sending the deposit you are also entering an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). This means that the terms of your deposit and application are not to be discussed with any third parties, or else you may risk your partnership us.

Don Kenyon

VidCast Partnerships

Lee Thompson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
yeah i replied too and got the same response as you too.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This definitely sounds shifty. Based on the way described in the email, yes, you would be buying a partnership, because they wouldn't otherwise, unless you gave them the proper funding. This sounds like a scam though. I wouldn't accept it. You should never have to lay down any type of "deposit" for a partnership on youtube.

Jack Porter

Reaction score
Channel Type
This definitely sounds shifty. Based on the way described in the email, yes, you would be buying a partnership, because they wouldn't otherwise, unless you gave them the proper funding. This sounds like a scam though. I wouldn't accept it. You should never have to lay down any type of "deposit" for a partnership on youtube.
Yeah it came across like that. I mean at least this post can be used as a warning of this scam. Plus it's weird how the original application I sent in was included in the email. So there must be something going on with Vidcast submissions somewhere.

iSoCoooL

Entertaining The Masses
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Always be wary of people who ask for money up front.

I have never heard of a network asking for money from you, they make money off you.

I say scam.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah it came across like that. I mean at least this post can be used as a warning of this scam. Plus it's weird how the original application I sent in was included in the email. So there must be something going on with Vidcast submissions somewhere.
It's possible that somebody's discovered the password to their database and can see who's applying. Then they can mark those messages so that the company doesn't respond to them, then they can send their scam message to unsuspecting individuals. That would make sense from the circumstances.