Vid.me Alternative Or Addition To Youtube?

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'll give it a try, I'm going to change my strategy to pushing the videos on different platforms from now on... don't want to rely on YouTube after all the issues this year
That is good. Never put all of your eggs in one basket. So it is a good idea to diversify. That platform might just take off big time and become a major player in the online video business.

I'm on that platform. I won't upload 100% of my videos from YouTube on there, but I got close to 30 videos already. I also got verified creator badge with extra features within 2 days.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi @MarkRodriguez2012 I've merged your Vid.me thread with this one. ^_^

I tried uploading some stuff. I suspect it downloads your video and uploads it to the Vid.me (at a lower resolultion) site when you put in the YouTube video link. :eek: Therefore, ending cards don't show up. I have a lovely blank ending card at the end of a video... xD I guess I should always add a video in the background of the ending cards. =/

My main concern with this idea is SEO. I don't think Google likes duplicate content, and that is essentially what this is doing. I think I'm going to go through and rewrite different descriptions for the vid.me site. :eek:

Also, no annotation links. :(

It's kind of neat, thought! I guess we'll see. ^^

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi @MarkRodriguez2012 I've merged your Vid.me thread with this one. ^_^

I tried uploading some stuff. I suspect it downloads your video and uploads it to the Vid.me (at a lower resolultion) site when you put in the YouTube video link. :eek: Therefore, ending cards don't show up. I have a lovely blank ending card at the end of a video... xD I guess I should always add a video in the background of the ending cards. =/

My main concern with this idea is SEO. I don't think Google likes duplicate content, and that is essentially what this is doing. I think I'm going to go through and rewrite different descriptions for the vid.me site. :eek:

They claim that their videos have better chances at getting discovered due to their affiliations with other big companies and being embedded on various places (which in a sense nullifies any need for massive SEO like on YouTube) and their "featured" in most cases seem to be Staff Picks instead of algorithm picks (I'm sure that can end up being a con in some cases maybe)

Hard to say, the site seems cute if nothing else and if it succeeds even better!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
(which in a sense nullifies any need for massive SEO like on YouTube) and their "featured" in most cases seem to be Staff Picks instead of algorithm picks
I personally don't think that's a good idea because it makes it based more on luck rather than strategy... :eek: Google is the king of SEO and traffic sources atm, so I wouldn't want to damage my reputation with Google. o.0 But we'll see what happens! =)

I'm still definitely going to rewrite my descriptions lol. :p

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I heard about this site too, I upload there also, I think it's really cool still getting the hang of it tho

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi @ I've merged your Vid.me thread with this one. ^_^

It did work where all the annotations and click to the YouTube video. Maybe they changed that feature.

Rewriting the descriptions for SEO purposes is not a bad idea. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1481915220,1481915076][/DOUBLEPOST]
They claim that their videos have better chances at getting discovered due to their affiliations with other big companies and being embedded on various places (which in a sense nullifies any need for massive SEO like on YouTube) and their "featured" in most cases seem to be Staff Picks instead of algorithm picks (I'm sure that can end up being a con in some cases maybe)

Hard to say, the site seems cute if nothing else and if it succeeds even better!
The only thing we can do is try it out and see what happens. You never know it might blow up. They did secure $millions funding for the company.

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Never heard of it. But it is nice to try out though. I think I'll just sign up and explore the website a bit. never hurts to try multiple options

Sunsbookishgamesx

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I've heard of it, I'm just really unsure if i want to join it yet. Im not involve with the layout. I know that sounds bad but I'm so used to youtube. I may try it out in the future

binky VS bunson

LoL Guys
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We're all content creators. It doesn't have to be house on YouTube. I say branch out! All very good points you guys brought up!