Vid.me Alternative Or Addition To Youtube?

Your YouTube channel is included on every video and I think people can subscribe directly from there. I've only started it today so still working through it! It seems pretty simple honestly.

You're right. It seems a view there, would count as a view in my youtube channel as well. I uploaded two of my videos simply using my Youtube Link. All my descriptions are automatically copied as well. Only thing I needed to re upload in addition are my thumbnails. And what's awesome is that I'm the only one in my niche at the moment

With all the drama and youtube changes constantly, do you ever just want to switch to an alternative video site? I just started a Vidme channel, will be uploading alongside my YouTube, just in case youtube ends up going down.... or if my channel somehow gets terminated, haha....

Not sure if I love it yet, but I just started it yesterday. I say the more people that see my content the better!

Obviously YouTube is my focus, but this site looks promising if it somehow takes YouTube on.... plus when you have a problem, an actual human sends you back within a day... So they've got YouTube beat there...

Thoughts? Other Options you're on?

I agree with you, it is still in its early stage, but it looks promising.

Vidme's interesting enough probably due to the smaller userbase. Have uploaded one vid on it to test the water and as it stands it got more views in some minutes than a week on my YT channel. Nowhere near replacement level yet long term due to smaller audiences and creator programs still being in development, but if you got the internet speed post content on both and go from there.

I agree it is not a replacement for YouTube, but definitely can help with views etc. in long run.

I'm uploading a few videos to it. More chances for exposure is a plus for me whether or not certain platforms take off or die!

I take it is additional social media / community platform for more exposure.

I honestly think YouTube is a long way away from being deemed as being 'replaceable'. I think It's a pretty safe platform right now.

YouTube is massive and wont die, but Vid.me looks promising though as a supplement social media hub with Youtube for your videos.

Can I easily redirect people from Vidme to my Youtube? But with that said, once you reach the point that Youtube starts to notice and promote your channel, it's really hard to hate it.

Yes, on each video you have a big button to your youtube channel and people can subscribe immediately to your channel from button. Also your videos can be shared on reddit :) Have a look at the attached screenshot.

2.png[DOUBLEPOST=1481686107,1481685998][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're right. It seems a view there, would count as a view in my youtube channel as well. I uploaded two of my videos simply using my Youtube Link. All my descriptions are automatically copied as well. Only thing I needed to re upload in addition are my thumbnails. And what's awesome is that I'm the only one in my niche at the moment

That is awesome. I also see my niche not competitive yet.

i've got a Vid.Me, the more spaces for my videos the better

That's great. :)

I just got a verified badge next to my channel name and start gaining subscribers and views :)

When your channel is verified you get more options and your channel gets promoted more. Human verify channels and mine took 2 days to be verified. I started channel 2 days ago.

verified.png

I've recently found out about it and just saw that Game Sacks has started to upload their videos there. Has anyone tried this out, and how does it compare to Youtube? I did notice that they said they do defend fair use and all that so they might be more understanding towards reviewers.

I've been uploading there. You can upload by a link from your YouTube channel so views from there will count towards YouTube. I like just having maximum exposure so whether or not it takes off I believe it's worth it!

I'll give it a try, I'm going to change my strategy to pushing the videos on different platforms from now on... don't want to rely on YouTube after all the issues this year

I've been uploading there. You can upload by a link from your YouTube channel so views from there will count towards YouTube. I like just having maximum exposure so whether or not it takes off I believe it's worth it!

Lol I had no idea you could do that. Wow, that was so much faster than my full upload of videos -__-' well that definitely adds more points for vidme if you ask me. Might be the best secondary platform to YT.

Back