Vid.me Alternative Or Addition To Youtube?

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi all,

Today I discovered there is a startup website called vid.me that is an alternative and can be used as an addition to YouTube.

Because of all the changes on YouTube and big and small YouTube complaining of all the algorithm changes, censorship, fake news, decline in views, decline in revenue etc. this site as created as an alternative / addition to YouTube.

I plan to upload some of my YouTube videos on that platform as well.

Have you heard of this platform?

By the way if you upload a video there then you get a button link to your YouTube channel and people can subscribe to your YouTube channel from there. Also Reddit. Have a look at the image below.

2.png

Last edited:

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Never heard of it personally. Might has well upload some stuff there as a just in case so that you're ready to jump if anything does happen.

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Never heard of it personally. Might has well upload some stuff there as a just in case so that you're ready to jump if anything does happen.
I am planning to upload as a backup to Vid.me. Also if it should blow up I would be an early adopter. I also see that they provide a link to YouTube channel. Which means if you should build an audience there they can click on your YouTube channel link and sub there too.

So the principle ... don't put all of your eggs in one basket. :)

I read on their site that they are also planning to give ad revenue similar to YouTube.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattyGreen

binky VS bunson

LoL Guys
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
With all the drama and youtube changes constantly, do you ever just want to switch to an alternative video site? I just started a Vidme channel, will be uploading alongside my YouTube, just in case youtube ends up going down.... or if my channel somehow gets terminated, haha....

Not sure if I love it yet, but I just started it yesterday. I say the more people that see my content the better!

Obviously YouTube is my focus, but this site looks promising if it somehow takes YouTube on.... plus when you have a problem, an actual human sends you back within a day... So they've got YouTube beat there...

Thoughts? Other Options you're on?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Vidme's interesting enough probably due to the smaller userbase. Have uploaded one vid on it to test the water and as it stands it got more views in some minutes than a week on my YT channel. Nowhere near replacement level yet long term due to smaller audiences and creator programs still being in development, but if you got the internet speed post content on both and go from there.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I honestly think YouTube is a long way away from being deemed as being 'replaceable'. I think It's a pretty safe platform right now.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm uploading a few videos to it. More chances for exposure is a plus for me whether or not certain platforms take off or die!

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Can I easily redirect people from Vidme to my Youtube? But with that said, once you reach the point that Youtube starts to notice and promote your channel, it's really hard to hate it.

Reactions: MattyGreen