Very Unusual Spike in Earned Revenue Analytics

EnemyCrab

Reaction score
So today I was reviewing my channels analytics and saw this:

For one single day, my daily earnings leaped from $4-5 a day from my videos, to $31.10, then the next day, it immediately went back to normal. Never in all the years I've been running my channel has anything like this ever happened.

I'm not complaining, this is great. But I'm kind of pulling out my hair trying to figure out why this happened so that perhaps I can replicate it. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
lol. That is pretty weird. Have you no theory whatsoever on what might've happened there ?

EnemyCrab

Reaction score
lol. That is pretty weird. Have you no theory whatsoever on what might've happened there ?
Well, there was one time when one of my videos was put on YouTube's trending page, and that video quickly escalated to over 1 million views-- then there was another time when Markiplier sampled one of my videos for his Try Not to Laugh Challenge (#4) and it brought tons of traffic to my channel. --but in both of these cases, there was a large spike that stayed consistent for a long period of time, not just a single day.

My only guess so far is that there might have been an ad that ran on my videos that someone paid a large amount of money for, for just that one day.

Other than that, I'm clueless.

Reactions: MindfulInquirer

Berkeli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
There are some ads that have a very high cost (real-estate, cars, expensive jewellery and etc). Since ads are targeted at viewers, your video was probably viewed by a whale who was looking to buy a yacht.

EnemyCrab

Reaction score
There are some ads that have a very high cost (real-estate, cars, expensive jewellery and etc). Since ads are targeted at viewers, your video was probably viewed by a whale who was looking to buy a yacht.