MistyEmma

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys,
I've been doing YouTube for about 9 months now, and I have 143 subscribers. However, I'm only getting 30/40 views per video. Other teens in my area have started channels and already have 5k subscribers and loads of views, yet they stated later than me, and it's getting me down.
So far I've:
Shared my videos on twitter, facebook, tumblr, G+ and Reddit.
Used plenty of tags and have tried to make my video titles engaging
Made thumbnails and kept them to a theme (same font).
Have a call to action at the end of each video reminding people to like and subscribe if they enjoyed the video.
I bought an HD camera to improve the quality of my videos when I started this channel.

What else can I do? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

DevinLandis

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In what ways are you gaining a following and interacting with people on twitter and facebook? There is no use in sharing content there if you do not have any followers. Also, make sure you are using larger subreddits that are related to your niche. One thing that I do is to try and find people in my niche and just stay active on their channel, and most of the time they do the same. Good luck!

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From what I noticed you did take a 2 month break a few months back. You should be happy with your growth tha you do have without being so consistent with uploads.

Lakeyb85

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
like they said above. be consistent. if your not gonna upload for 2 weeks, on youtube thats like a year. people latch on to other channels quick. stay active and fun

HepTube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Consistency is the most important thing, not only will you get better at making videos, but subscribers will be more loyal and new people are more likely to subscribe.

Tv Head Greg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started making videos in November 2015, so I have been having the same issue. I've also been inconsistent with updating my channel. I think everyone above is right. Just try to update more. I'm shooting for 2 to 3 times a week in the future. Just keep posting and stay positive. :)

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Set a consistent schedule, say 5 or 6 videos a week. Can miss a day here and there but you have to give viewers a reason to want to come back to you.

Reactions: xingcat

NotSoMartin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sometimes it's just case that your channel hasn't "banged" yet. One day you might find you have a random surge in views/subs which just continues constantly for a while, and that's how you can reach 5k subs.

This happened to my friend - he was on 400-500 subs and getting 200ish views every vid, but one morning he woke up to find he had many more views and subs and has now grown constantly since (now on 9k).

Hope this helpsss, keep the faith!

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
While consistency is important, I think there's something an even more important advice. To Quote Charlie Munger (former business partner of Warren Buffet), "Always go to bed a little wiser." Try to find ways to get better at everything at a consistent basis. Also try to find ways to stand out from the rest.

MintApocalypse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As someone who missed uploads for a month once because of school I can tell you, that does sort of halt your growth. But now that I'm back and trying to knock out one video a week, people seem to be sticking around. Make sure to make your videos as unique as you are because that's what people will start watching for.