Very quick growth but are my subs real??

adl92

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just started my YouTube channel beginning of January and I’ve accumulated close to 5000 subs (currently 4,780 lol). One of my views got a lot of views (close to 260k). But I was just wondering if these subs are real or bots?

I didn’t do anything sketchy, like buy views or subs or sub for sub lol. And I always get a fair amount of comments on my vids, depending on which ones (my try on hauls do very well, my vlogs/sit downs not so much lol). And I have random periods that don’t have to do with me uploading new content (needed to go almost two weeks without filming because I got sick) where my old vids (my first one specifically) will get thousands of views in just hours and I’ll get hundreds of subs a day. Then it’ll go somewhat quiet (more modest growth, like 10-20 subs a day), and I’m uploading new content more consistently.

I’m being strategic with my keywords and titles and promoting on my Instagram, but the growth seems so random and a lot lol. Is my subscriber count real or is it possibly just random bots?

I forgot to mention I have 7000 watch hours and 215,886 views.

Reactions: Zaland Adams

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations! It doesn’t sounds the subscribers are coming from your most viewed video. What’s your channels name?

Reactions: adl92

adl92

Reaction score
Congratulations! It doesn’t sounds the subscribers are coming from your most viewed video. What’s your channels name?
Hi! It's /amandale. I don't know where the subs are coming from. I don't know if they're real either? Are they just fake bot accounts? I was hoping someone who knew YouTube statistics would know if my stats indicate that my growth isn't real.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I checked out your channel, I can’t see who’s all subbed to you but it looks like people are interacting with your channel by liking and commenting. Usually when there’s an account that has bot subscribers they usually have little to no one interacting with them, so it looks like their real. You said you didn’t buy subscribers or anything like then then their most likely real subscribers, looks like the subscribers are coming from your video that went viral:)

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Looks like a legit channel to me. As Courtney said a lot of people interacting and not just 'Cool' or 'Nice video' there are some conversations in the comment section. Just keep posting and enjoy the quick growth, well done!

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Seems legit to me. My advice though would be not to push the boundaries of 'sex sells' too far..
I would guess that your have a lot of young male subs waiting for your next 'try on hauls' video.
Of course you know what you are doing. Just be safe with it.

adl92

Reaction score
Seems legit to me. My advice though would be not to push the boundaries of 'sex sells' too far..
I would guess that your have a lot of young male subs waiting for your next 'try on hauls' video.
Of course you know what you are doing. Just be safe with it.
Thanks for the feedback, but that's really not my intention or something I can help. My instagram following is more of a larger group of supportive girls and it's growing at a steady rate, so that is helping bring more female traffic to my page. Creepy men will be creepy men lol and I'm committed to making fitness/fashion videos, so my body is pretty much the focus. Elizabeth Zaks went viral after a swimwear try-on and had a lot of gross male followers, but she eventually caught the attention of females who were more interested in how she got her body than just what her body looks like and is now a Gymshark athlete and taken more seriously in the fitness community. I'm hoping I'll get enough exposure so I can start attracting the right people, but I need to model the clothes in a flattering way if I want to brands to work with me lol, in addition to creating good, informative content. I'm not "selling sex," my body is my body and it's men who choose to sexualize it.

Reactions: tizzer65

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the feedback, but that's really not my intention or something I can help. My instagram following is more of a larger group of supportive girls and it's growing at a steady rate, so that is helping bring more female traffic to my page. Creepy men will be creepy men lol and I'm committed to making fitness/fashion videos, so my body is pretty much the focus. Elizabeth Zaks went viral after a swimwear try-on and had a lot of gross male followers, but she eventually caught the attention of females who were more interested in how she got her body than just what her body looks like and is now a Gymshark athlete and taken more seriously in the fitness community. I'm hoping I'll get enough exposure so I can start attracting the right people, but I need to model the clothes in a flattering way if I want to brands to work with me lol, in addition to creating good, informative content. I'm not "selling sex," my body is my body and it's men who choose to sexualize it.
I also have try on hauls on my channel, those videos do very well and in no way does that mean selling sex. In one of my videos I tried on a swim suit and some guy made a commentary video saying I was showing my body on purpose and those are not my intentions at all, the majority of my subscribers are alternative woman my age and they enjoy alternative fashion so I make those type of videos that’s not all I do on my channel I also make comedy videos and videos and videos that help people who are being bullied.

adl92

Reaction score
Looks like a legit channel to me. As Courtney said a lot of people interacting and not just 'Cool' or 'Nice video' there are some conversations in the comment section. Just keep posting and enjoy the quick growth, well done!
Thank you!! That's helpful haha hop
I also have try on hauls on my channel, those videos do very well and in no way does that mean selling sex. In one of my videos I tried on a swim suit and some guy made a commentary video saying I was showing my body on purpose and those are not my intentions at all, the majority of my subscribers are alternative woman my age and they enjoy alternative fashion so I make those type of videos that’s not all I do on my channel I also make comedy videos and videos and videos that help people who are being bullied.
It doesn't even matter if you are "showing your body on purpose." Everyone has a body and that's literally the problem with ****-shaming and rape culture these days. Blame the women for getting sexually assaulted. There's nothing wrong with a women being comfortable with her sexuality. I shouldn't feel ashamed to "show off" my body, if showing off my body means literally wearing the leggings and sports bras I wear on a daily basis at the gym. Should I be working out in a burka? Sorry, I know these forums aren't made for me to be on my soap box, but I find that comment pretty offensive.

Reactions: tizzer65

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
I can't think of any advantage that anyone would have of sending sub bots to your channel. Subs are weird, most of the time I have people subscribing through videos that I think are my weakest.