VERY frustrated! I'm eligible for custom URL but having great difficulties...

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I just tried to claim custom URL because I'm eligible but it's FORCING me to only be allowed use MISSLISA as the custom URL. What on earth?? I don't understand any of this. I have no idea where it came up with that! I tried and tried to see why or how to fix this to no avail. Why is it forcing that bizzarre URL to me?

I would be incredibly grateful for any help

EDIT: I have a website (domain name and my gmail address etc). That needs to be my custom URL not "MISSLISA". When I login to my gmail account it does not says MISS LISA anywhere! :([DOUBLEPOST=1506977025,1506976131][/DOUBLEPOST]Unreal I am beyond upset right now it seems I cannot fix this. I just read this:

In the "Get a custom URL" box, you'll see the custom URL(s) you've been approved for. You can't change the part in the gray box, but you may need to add a few letters or numbers to make the URL unique to you.

The MISSLISA is grayed out. RIDICULOUS!!!! I am going to have the delete my entire channel. This is horrifying. Youtube system is incredibly messed up![DOUBLEPOST=1506977839][/DOUBLEPOST]It's impossible for me to even figure out how to contact their support? I'm in the process of getting this name trademarked as it is my business. Nobody else has this name. I own the domain name etc and name channel name is a brand account and also has this name once I changed it back. What a nightmare. I can't have the custom URL be MISSLISA for my business!! I'm very disappointed in the manner which youtube is functioning. Nobody is evenn using the custom URL which I need. Now I have to delete my entire channel and start all over again??? Why can't I contact anyone at youtube for help in fixing this![DOUBLEPOST=1506979610][/DOUBLEPOST]It looks like ONLY those people who are a youtube partners program can email their support... I'm eligiable to become that... but would only be doing that so I can actually get ahold of someone at youtube! :( Can I cancel it once I join??? I really need this custom URL fixed as I cannot proceed with this channel with such a custom URL being MISSLISA.

Last edited:

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Depending on the age of the channel you may have had a custom handle all along

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Depending on the age of the channel you may have had a custom handle all along

Thanks for your reply... what do you mean? Can you please elaborate?
This channel was created in 2011... I never created any custom URL for it... 2 months ago the channel had 17 subscribers and now has about 160 subs. It's a small channel but one of my videos I posted 7 months ago has gotten about 25,000 views. I just submitted application to become a part of the youtube partner program (since it said I am eligible) because that's the ONLY way I see possible to contact someone at youtube unfortunately. This channel is a brand/business channel and the custom URL it offered me is not something I could ever even possibly use. It's completely unrelated to my channel and it's also very unprofessional looking... I'm referring to the MISSLISA... I have no idea where youtube came up with that =([DOUBLEPOST=1507033804,1507032093]
[/DOUBLEPOST]I see you are correct! I created the channel back in 2011 and I NEVER created a custom URL for it. This channel only had 17 subs 2 months ago and now has 160 subs. Yet when I type in (my custom handle) my channel pops up. I have no idea why my old channel appears to already have a "custom handle" how did this happen? Is it because I created the channel back in 2011? .. what a nightmare.... I really need to fix this because I cannot continue to use my channel and put tons of work into it only to end up with a custom URL I cannot even use. I NEVER created any custom handle for my channel... I have no idea what is going on... this whole thing is a massive headache!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I don't know the date or year but at some point google stopped giving URL based on username and gave a random mix of letters instead. Done in part to keep people from claiming names and selling them later. Then the 100 sub requirement was given in its place. So if you signed up before then, I don't know when, that's why